Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Slug
    United Kingdom 

Painting Brake Calipers

Hi All
    I just canvassing opinions really.
    We have just got a 2022 D5, which is Black with Black wheels - it looks great but my son and I both think it would look better if the brake calipers were painted red (probably).
    It will cost £200 + vat to have done.
    This is my wife's car and she is worried it may make it look too manly!!! I guess she does have a point
    For the record - she bought it & loves it.
    Photos are just generic examples
    Cheers.

• Craigp
    England 

Surely this is purely down to personal choice. It's not going to make your car go faster or corner better break harder etc etc. So any input from a forum is also going to be personal choice also. If you like it or more importantly your wife likes it. Go for it. Your money your choice. Thumbs Up
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

The calipers on the Metropolitan model are black which I think look good. All depends how long the paint lasts.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Can you get “go faster stripes” for the bonnet as well? Rolling with laughter

Sorry, but youve got to off your head if this is in anyway important to you!
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

😂
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Darras wrote:
    Can you get “go faster stripes” for the bonnet as well? Rolling with laughter

Sorry, but youve got to off your head if this is in anyway important to you!

It would make it easier to locate amongst all the other Discoveries up in the air being worked on at my local dealers. Whistle Laughing

I’ve often wondered what colours the rotating wheels would be if they painted each wheel ‘spoke’ a different rainbow colour. Would they appear white? Or Off white?

Just to round off this humourous interlude….. the wife wanted an arty farty radiator Rolling Eyes fitted in our lounge during refurbishment. When the decorator came I asked if he supported LGBT as we wanted each of the pipes painted a different colour from their rainbow logo. His face was a picture.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Blimey you will a step ladder to bleed it. Rolling with laughter Whistle

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum