Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dave mac
    United Kingdom 

23.5 new discovery dealer problems

Hi my new land rover discovery 5 3.0 HSE R dynamic just arrived after 12 months wait and a mid order price increase ! All my factory options fitted but no interactive dash as promised when the sales man at the main dealer rang with the mid year price increase !£2k plus he guaranteed i would have the upgrade which should be standard fit on the R dynamic HSE

However at the same time a lower spec 23.5 discovery se was also delivered on the same transporter with the interactive clocks fitted

My order form states all options inc the Interactive dash dealer very very unhelpfully the car is direct purchase and paid for in full however i wont accept vehicle until reasonable solution is sorted im happy for the dealer to retro fit and then take the vehicle but they are saying this cant be done ?

Now they are saying the sales man never said he promised me it would be installed HE DID 100% amazing how they will say anything to get a sale car is still sat at the dealer iv sold my old 2019 HSE after there px price was £15k below the same car with lower spec on the forecourt with less spec and no better condition
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I have no advice, other than to say I don't blame you for being gutted. I'd be livid.

I ordered the same time as you, March 2022, (but no car due for me until end of June) and was told I would only get that dash if I upped my spec to a Metropolitan... it worked, as I did and paid the extra, despite having actually budgeted for your model.

But whether it comes or not will be another matter. The car will be rejected if it's not on there, and they've been advised of that.

Please let us know what happens, and GOOD LUCK.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • MHP
    England 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

We’ve just collected our 2019 HSE from a dealer & whilst there the salesman was saying how much trouble they are having with LR at the moment. He’s been told to tell any customer ordering a new car that the digital dash, meridian sound & a few other things aren’t even available anymore on any model, even the high end range rovers Shocked

Hopefully you get something sorted!
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: 23.5 new discovery dealer problems

Dave mac wrote:
    Hi my new land rover discovery 5 3.0 HSE R dynamic just arrived after 12 months wait and a mid order price increase ! All my factory options fitted but no interactive dash as promised when the sales man at the main dealer rang with the mid year price increase !£2k plus he guaranteed i would have the upgrade which should be standard fit on the R dynamic HSE

However at the same time a lower spec 23.5 discovery se was also delivered on the same transporter with the interactive clocks fitted

My order form states all options inc the Interactive dash dealer very very unhelpfully the car is direct purchase and paid for in full however i wont accept vehicle until reasonable solution is sorted im happy for the dealer to retro fit and then take the vehicle but they are saying this cant be done ?

Now they are saying the sales man never said he promised me it would be installed HE DID 100% amazing how they will say anything to get a sale car is still sat at the dealer iv sold my old 2019 HSE after there px price was £15k below the same car with lower spec on the forecourt with less spec and no better condition

It’s my understanding that JLR won’t ‘retrofit’ anything as it changes the specification of the warrantied vehicle. I wanted surround cameras added on mine and despite the wiring looms being there, they wouldn’t do it. There seems to be a blinkered view that doesn’t allow them adding things and warranting that bit separately. The only option was to get an Indy to do it…and take a chance JLR wouldn’t scream foul if future warranty work exposed the modification.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

That's ridiculous if they could fit the idd to an SE surely they can fit it it to a HSE. I have also ordered a Metropolitan just so I can have the idd. There is no way I will except it without.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I recall on a former new LR, an unauthorised mod led to a claim under the manufacturers warranty being denied and I was charged for the work.

I challenged it to no avail. I then removed the mod and the problem persisted. It was then covered and further more I got my money back from the time I was charged, but it taught me a lesson. If you do a mod and the car has a problem, remove it before they get their hands on it.

The other thing is, if it’s something that you say hack into the electrics for, then the loss of warranty only applied to the electrics, so I’d think the same holds true for other of the cars system, but it’s anyone’s guess.
  • Dave mac
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the comments I’m just Censored off with how the dealer treat customers this is very well known local well established main dealer who have serviced my old car for last 4 years I will never be loyal again to local Buisness .The sales man and senior Managment lying bare face to customers I just want and need my car for work purposes iv currently got a private hire car as I sold my last Discovery the day before the dealer agreed delivery date . Iv had to sign a dealer disclaimer to agree only to sell them the car in first 6 months. Something JLR group have said they don’t endorse ? I’m now looking at purchasing another vehicle to use one thing for sure it will be the last time I ever deal with This dealer network and I’m currently reviewing my options is this what they call the Land Rover experience ! Stress stress stress £73k with mid order price increase and failed promise of spec by lying sales team
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

I have exactly same issue, Waited 20 months! for it to arrive out the blue with no heads up to even say it’s out the holding pool,Then turns up with no interactive dash and £2000 extra price increase again with no warning! After saying on phone your lucky you got everything you asked for.

Also livid waited this long for this to happen.And the attitude they have

Couldn’t care less. Comment of “Just take it or leave it…..”
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Was yours a Metropolitan, @conts355?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

IDD is part of the reason I've been waiting so long, April '21 order placed ..

I made it quite clear I was not willing to get such an expensive car with downgraded 'analogue' instruments for no extra charge...

It's been options chess ever since.

I think the position at the moment is if it's not standard fit for the model it's won't be available. For IDD believe they are now standard again as they ran out of analogue. However, if say Meridien Surround is not standard you won't be able to add it... Other things have gone missing it seems, USB ports, locking fuel flaps, Click and go bases, and gesture tailgate modules are a few.

Then options like a space saver spare aren't available, but full size is... if you don't add a spare though the car comes with no fittings underneath to add later....

It's a constant 'battle' ... Land Rover have shown nothing but contempt frankly for their customers. If there was another car I wanted I would have happily jumped by now.

I have some sympathy for the dealers, however, they need to be upfront and honest. IDD is a big feature, the instrument panel is the first thing you look at every time you get into the car, so to just 'lose' it isn't acceptable IMO. My dealer is trying their best but their hands are tied by Land Rover.

Still, I expect some spreadsheet jockey in corporate finance got their bonus by shaving a few quid off each build at our expense... they need to put these people on the floor at customer handover so they can explain why to angry customers.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum