Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Second key

Has anyone received their second key?. I purchased my car new in July, no sign of the second key yet.
    I have not received an invitation for a half day Land Rover experience. Are they still doing this?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Col ref experience. I was sent an invite months ago. I would imagine about the time my order went from the pool to an actual build date. So around August for the build in October. Obviously my build date wasn't fulfilled and returned to the pool. But in answer to your question yes you should have been offered one.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Think I’ve waited up to 6 months after purchase and it eventually turned up in the post. I registered it, but wasn’t that bothered as I’ve half a dozen sitting on my account, there is no time limit on them and you can gift/transfer them to others and combine two half days for a full day.

I’ve had a half day experience before and it was okay, but not something I’d repeat tbh. Other people just love it. Each to their own.
  • gavsta

Re: Second key

BigCol66 wrote:
    Has anyone received their second key?. I purchased my car new in July, no sign of the second key yet.
    I have not received an invitation for a half day Land Rover experience. Are they still doing this?

I was informed today that the second key is not so much a parts issue, but a method to prevent customers flipping their cars within the first few months of ownership. This is not unique to JLR. Very sneaky!
  • Whippetman
    England 

Definitely I wouldn’t be happy with that having paid max retail!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • gavsta

From the retailers perspective, it’s very cost effective when compared to enforcing a non-resale agreement.

These really are strange times!
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Received a letter today in relation to my second key . Contacted my local dealer and they have offered to pair my new key on Friday. About time 😲

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

I have just received my letter regarding the second key. When they pair it they are also going to enable the gesture tailgate.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum