Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

You would need a 5v transformer in addition to this . Unless your camera accepts 12v. My dash cam require a 5v supply.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Is there a wiring loom in the console pre installed for dash cam?MY21

Ive just ordered a black vue ,happy enough plugging into glove box if i can get it to there…..
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Darras wrote:
    No, the rear camera power and video feed work off one small lead that plugs into the front dash cam. I simply ran the wire along the rubber roof lining.and via the rubber grommet at the top of the boot. It’s ever so simple.

No battery drain as the Black Vue goes to sleep and only wakes up when there is an “event” or you start the car, although I think that can be adjusted to on at all times if you want.

The other thing is if you are really worried about the possible battery drain, just pull the aux plug out.

Looking tonight running cables seem ok but how did you get into the top glove box? Looks a sealed unit?

Thanks for all your info
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Off the top of my head, I threaded it down the near side door pillar. Then I opened up the lower glove box compartment or semi detached it, can’t quite remember. That allowed me to get the lead. Then drilled a very small hole in in the back of the upper glovebox and threaded it through.

I was hesitant about drilling, but if ever removed, a rubber grommet would cover the hole.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Stuck again 🙈

Use this cable duct to feed cable onto glass area?

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yes, that’s what I did. It just requires a bit of manipulation to get it out of the top hole from memory, but it all goes back perfectly.

• conts355
    United Kingdom 

Thanks again, Got cables in and routed.👍
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

No problem. Thumbs Up
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Finally got everything up & running, Seems i don’t have permanent power to 12v socket in upper glove box passenger side? Does other people have permanent live?
  • Craigp
    England 

I thought they all powered down. I know the one in the boot does eventually.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

My glove compartment socket seems to do the trick. The BlackVue powers up when parked when it notices something. It may go dormant until something alerts it. Not sure.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Darras wrote:
    I simply used the aux socket plug of the Satnav and threaded it round the windscreen rubber and plastics to come in behind the top glove box which has an always on aux socket. Problem solved.

Don’t make a job more difficult that the simplest solution.

I just presumed as @darras said his had permanent live.?

Is it possible to tap into mini fuse board behind glove box?
  • Craigp
    England 

It suggests he has. If the dash cam livens up when it detects a disturbance when parked up.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mine also does the same, goes to sleep, but starts recording if it senses the car moving or shaking.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum