Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• GreenLane
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Rear Seat / Switch Guards ???

Hello,

My 2 year old daughter has taken an interest in the seat move switches on the back row. We had a mishap where she raised a rear row seat with a load of stuff in the boot Sad

Is there any way to disable the seat switches (all of them) - or does anyone make a cover to simply place over them and make them inaccessible ?

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

If you gently prise the switches away from the plastics, simply disconnect the wires.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I think I would make some covers and double side them into place, easier than disconnecting and avoids any possible electrical complications.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Pretty sure the recline switches are disabled with child lock activated. Not sure about the ones atop the seats.

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • RSC
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Possible solution to accidental switch pressing!

So I am continually catching the switches on the top of the 2nd row of seats so I needed to cover them. Likewise the panel in the boot has so many switches that are close to each other it’s easy to deploy seats when all you want to do is lower the tailgate panel!
    So I spoke to a friend who makes engraved plaques etc and he has made these for me - I just need to use some double side tape to cover the switches with them - anyone else interested?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum