Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Foldy trailer?

Just wondering if anyone has a ‘Foldy’ trailer and if so how you get on with it?

I’m reluctant to fill my nice D5 up with filthy junk to go to the tip so given that I have a tow hook, a trailer seems to be required. Renting them is actually blooming expensive (£40-50 per day) and not particularly convenient, but I don’t have space to store a traditional trailer securely. The Foldy seems like it might do the job as I could clear enough space to store it in the garage.
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Just for the benefit of anyone else who might be considering one of these, I did buy it in the end and have to say I couldn't be more pleased. It's incredibly versatile and barely takes up any space at all for storage.

Highly recommended, money well spent.
  • Craigp
    England 

Thumbs Up
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

£1500 for the privilege of folding seems a bit too pricey for me, when you can pick up used trailers on eBay for < £300.

I guess it also depends on how limited you are for space (you are really only saving the wheel depth), what you are dumping and how often you need to use it. I have space to store my old trailer on end but more often it’s easier to use the back of the car ….and if necessary get the interior valeted.
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Depends on how much space you have and how well you like to look after your interior.

For me garage space is at a real premium and I don’t want scuffs/scrapes etc on the interior. A valet won’t fix that. I’ve had the full custom fit interior liners for pervious cars, that’ll cost you at least £500 and is a hassle to fit each time.

Personally I think £1500 is a small price to pay for the convenience. From looking around I think you’d have a tough time finding a standard trailer (new) of the same size for much less money and I guess there’s a reason why I couldn’t find a second hand Foldy trailer for sale… Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum