Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• sweatysock
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

PowerfulUK wiring loom installation...oh, and hello

Hi everyone,

First post on the forum and I thought I would combine my introduction with a question also.

Traded in my old TD5 Defender and my five door hatchback runaround the other week, and bought the Discovery. Really happy with it, and the 24 months parts and labour warranty provides peace of mind.
    Mind you, it's going to take a month of Sundays to work out what everything does, unlike my Defender.
    Looking forward to being a member and sharing advice and thoughts etc.

To my question, as the subject states is about the wiring loom.
    I noted that there were a few posts on the forum related to the loom and one or two appear to have fitted it as opposed to most people tucking the cable in along the window trim and down behing the pillar trim etc. to the socket.
    Did those who connected into the panel housing the controls for the electric sunroof and blind have any problems popping the panel off, and could they please share any lessons learned during the installation process.

Attached pic of the car.

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

What is the loom for??

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Indus Silver

Assume you are talking about the dashcam harness. Yes I've used it - the panel just pops out with a trim lever and the harness works just fine.
    Cheers
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum