Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

Range Rover Sport has Pivi glued to dashboard whereas it's properly designed on Discovery. If you win Premium Bonds stick to the Discovery
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

That and the fact that you'll probably be waiting 2 years to get one... so you'll need the Disco to tide you over...
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I’ve got Premium Bonds or rather had a few of them.

In true democratic style, I decided to spilt my stash up between myself, the wife and the kids. I’ve never won anything since, but the others have, there’s a moral to the story there somewhere! Rolling Eyes
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

WmDisco wrote:
    I thought no Interactive Driver Display would be a negative when told it was dropped from my 23 D300 but Pivi screen is so good I dont want more maps Infront of me. You cant get rid of Rev counter with IDD anyway so its not that interactive really.
    Horses for courses I guess ... you can have the whole of the IDD as a map... not sure it's that useful in that mode though.

It is however more interactive than you might think when the car is static. Personally I think it's the speedo that is redundant, as you just need to know your speed so just the number in the rev counter is perfect for me, along with the HUD.

I have it set to media, central rev counter and map to the other side. If you go into any off-road mode, the left hand part of the display automatically shows the suspension, wheels, diff mode which I think is really useful, or adaptive cruise will also take over the left, leaving the map still on the screen. So on off-road you can have the big Pivi screen on cameras, and still have 4x4 info, revs/speed and map all on.

It also means for me as the driver, someone else can be fiddling on the main screen without me losing any more important information.

These are of course very much first world problems. Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum