Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

5094 Defender Wheela

Anyone fitted 5094 Defender wheels on a D5 ?

If so what size tyres fit?

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • DickyDisco
    United Kingdom 

I have defender wheels on mine. 20”
    255/55/20 grabber AT3
    Probably could have gone bigger tbh but tow a lot and don’t want my deployable tow bar to be incorrect height
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Thanks got any pictures please

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • DickyDisco
    United Kingdom 

I don’t actually 🤦🏼‍♂️🤯
    Typically I’ve taken them off on Friday and put my 23’s back on as I am getting the wheel’s refurbished. I can send you a pic of the wheels but in a stack. Not much use I know 😬
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Interested to know how good a match defender wheels are?

I assume you cannot go smaller than 20" because of the size of Discovery brakes?

I notice the offsets are different but I do not know how significant that is. I read this elsewhere:
    Quote:
    So primary difference is the offset which is 11.5mm different. Unless a spacer to correct offset is used, Disco wheels will foul at the rear if fitted to the New Defender.

Does that mean that using the Defender wheels on a Discovery they will stick out a bit more? Will they foul bodywork?

There seem to be some quite good deals on Defender wheels and tyres, hence the interest in a second 20 inch set to preserve the 22's when doing slightly sillier terrain.

Edited to add, that quote is for Disco 3/4. I now think Disco 5 offset may be closer to Defender.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Not sure but hope someone can explain.

• terryall
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

On the same subject is it easy to swap from 22” to, say, 20” on a D5? The 22” prices are horrendous and I’d rather go back to AT3’s which I had on previous Discos.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I bought a set of new D5 20” wheels (inc, spare) off eBay with Pirelli’s for £1000 and just swapped them over, no problem.

The tyre pressure sensors (supplied with wheels) needed to be paired with the car but after a bit of faffing they work fine. Kept the 22” for when I sell the car….I find the 20” to be a better ride on our country roads.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Thanks
    Have you any pictures please

• terryall
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Thanks for that Wolfpack. I assumed there would be a problem with brake discs if you just swapped to 20' wheels but apparently not. Suppose you have to inform the insurance company as well.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I didn’t bother to tell the insurance because as I understood it, the D5 22” wheels were an optional accessory to the standard supply 20” at the time of purchase. I was effectively removing a more expensive add on item…but they wouldn’t be reducing my premium.

Whether you are infringing LR warranty requirements may be a different issue.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum