Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

Inner Tailgate

Hi,

Hoping this is my last noob question for a while. When I open the boot using the keyfob, the boot automatically opens and the inner tailgate lowers. If I user either the button on the dash or the button on the boot lid to open then only the tailgate automatically opens, the inner tailgate stays up. I can then use the button inside the boot to lower it but why is there a difference?
  • hokewe
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Hi,

I was told it is to avoid the luggage in the boot to drop out when opening the lid. Carryover from former two piece tailgate.

2018 Disco HSE Td6, Fuji-white, advanced tow assist, HUD, digital dash
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Yup, I never realised there was a difference until I watched some YouTube vid review, but now I know, it's quite useful!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

hokewe wrote:
    Hi,

I was told it is to avoid the luggage in the boot to drop out when opening the lid. Carryover from former two piece tailgate.

This could be a good reason. Why can I use the keyfob to open it properly to make sure my luggage does not fall out, but if I'm right behind the car using the button on the boot it does not?
  • hokewe
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Hi Gooshy,

well, depends on preferances or habit, I guess. I use the the keyfob button to open completely the boot when I want to put something heavy or large into it. Can do that while still approaching the car. The switch on the tailgate is more for to take smaller items out of the car etc. If I then find I need to get deeper into the car I can lower the inner tailgate easily. So far it worked for me but different strokes for different folks.

2018 Disco HSE Td6, Fuji-white, advanced tow assist, HUD, digital dash
  • Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

Makes sense, i usually want to open the boot to get the dogs in or out.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum