Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

Beep Beep

Got a new D5 this month. When I'm driving about within the speed limit I occasionally hear "Beep Beep" or more accurately "Soft Tone, Soft Tone".

In my Evoque, this normally happened on the approach to a speed camera. In my D5 I'm nowhere near a speed camera. Could the maps be out of date and the tones are from old roadworks traffic management?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

When you say new, do you mean really new or just new to you? On the newest ones, I believe that the speed limiter is always on when you start the car (new safety laws). If you slightly exceed the speed limit it will beep, On slightly older cars, you had to turn the speed limiter on if you wanted to use it; on the newest ones you have to turn it off every trip if you don't want it.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

You can switch the sound off and only have the speed sign flash. I don’t have to do it every time I start up.

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

JonM wrote:
    When you say new, do you mean really new or just new to you? On the newest ones, I believe that the speed limiter is always on when you start the car (new safety laws). If you slightly exceed the speed limit it will beep, On slightly older cars, you had to turn the speed limiter on if you wanted to use it; on the newest ones you have to turn it off every trip if you don't want it.

Its a brand new D5 with only a few 100 on the clock. I don't think it's a speed thing, i tried that a few times this weekend and it only Beep'd twice and I was following speedlimits when it did.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Have a look at

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...5/G3967631

It seems that on the newest D5's "Driver Assistance" defaults to high at each vehicle restart and this includes both speed limit warning and "New Speed Limit Notification" i.e. the car beeps when the speed limit changes even if you're not speeding.

I'm glad I don't have an annoying nanny built in to my slightly older D5. Rolling with laughter

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

So the only BeepBeep I get on my new model is the speed camera warnings, it’s accompanied by a panel that slides in from the right of the large screen showing a camera and the distance to it.

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum