Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

How often is Capability Pack/Active Diff spec'd?

Have noticed that LR no longer have the 2-speed transfer box as standard on Discovery but it now comes as part of a Capability Pack along with the rear e-diff ! Does anyone know how common it is to find vehicles, say 2021/22+ with that in the spec? And also the Cold weather+ pack of the heated steering wheel, fuel burning pre-heater etc?
    Have enquired of a few dealers, but most claim not to have sold any!..so trying to see if there is a pattern of either particular dealerships or areas of the country where there is a better chance of locating a suitably spec'd car!?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I specced them on mine (I had it built to order).

I believe the FBH is no longer available at all from MY23 (I have it on mine MY22) but I could be wrong.

They will probably only be on vehicles that people ordered for themselves. Most people wouldn't pay extra if they didn't expect to use it.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

I find it shocking that they cut the low ratio box. It just seems an integral part of the Discovery DNA, I wouldn’t want to be without it, but the entire pack with locking diff is quite expensive, so I suspect there will be very few available used with it specified.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

When I specced mine, the low ratio box came with tow assist. So, I have low range but not the locking diff.

I think you used to be able to spec the low range box on its own too. Current options are much more limited than they used to be and things have been collected into packs. It’s all about reducing build variants, making build cost lower and increasing profits.

LR will make as much money selling fewer variants and higher spec vehicles as when they had more options and higher volume sales. Most manufacturers have reduced options available to make manufacturing more cost effective. My wife’s latest car (vauxhall mokka e), had only two spec levels to chose from and No options at all (apart from paint colour)…

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have the twin speed transfer box on mine but only used it twice. Its handy for reversing a trailer.
    Looking at buying a new Metropolitan but wondering if it is worth having capability pack as it's quite a bit extra to pay.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • RAW
    England 

Mine is a my23.5 and i ordered it with twin speed , rear diff lock and fuel burning heater. Do a lot of towing and often in fields, reversing trailers i always use low ratio just gives you more control over the trailer in soft ground and trailer brakes dont activate so easily when reversing. Cab heater is awesome better than the D4 one and can be programmed via the screen or from indoors via the remote.Rear diff does come in when off road more than i thought it would especially again when towing across muddy fields with a loaded trailer.
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Raw, that's interesting to know there are some cars spec'd as I'd have wanted - just need to keep a look out for a dealer with the right one!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum