United Kingdom 

Update 4.1.1 just installed

Got an update this morning for 4.1.1

https://www.ovalnews.com/2023/12/pivi-pro-...notes.html
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Mines just done, went from 4.0.1 straight to 4.1.1, missed out 4.1.0

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Mine updated today…

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I'd only used the wireless charging pad in my MY23.5 a couple of times since getting the car last June, finding it fiddly and tight to fit my iPhone Pro Max onto the pad. Saw this week's update made it less sensitive to finding the perfect location for charging, so tried it yesterday.

50 mins into the journey, my Apple Car Play switches off and defaults to LR nav system. Reached for my phone to see why, and it's turned off due to being too hot.

Won't be bothering with that wireless charging pad again.

Odd thing is, I wireless charge @ home and work on my respective desks with no issue.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Mine was getting so hot that I resorted to using the USB cable.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, I'm back to cables only now for sure. Not sure if your phone being in a case makes the matter worse - mine's in an Otterbox Defender MagSafe case, but odd how it's fine on any other charging pad, just not car ones... BMW apparently have the same issue.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I have an android phone. It's absolutely fine on the D5's wireless charging pad unless its running Android Auto then it gets too hot. It seems that the extra power consumption, plus the phone working harder running apps and transferring data with the internet and car is just too much and it starts cooking itself.

I don't like Android Auto and prefer using the PiviPro system anyway and normally only use the phone for calls so it generally works well for me.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Very interesting, I might try the charge pad when not in Apple Car Play mode then... but, Apple Car Play - for me - wins hands down versus the Pivi Pro nav.

• Loz
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    Yeah, I'm back to cables only now for sure. Not sure if your phone being in a case makes the matter worse - mine's in an Otterbox Defender MagSafe case, but odd how it's fine on any other charging pad, just not car ones... BMW apparently have the same issue.

No case on mine. (Apple care plus) (you say it’s your strongest phone yet, prove it or repair it)

Using TomTom + CarPlay even on a cable gets the phone hot without the inductive charging. I tried waze a few years ago and that was the worst app for using (heating up) the processor.

It’s a shame we can’t turn off the charging pad on a per-device basis.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

I won't even set the phone up until I've put a case and screen protector on it... out the box, sim card in, case on, and then we play! Apple Care or not, I'd be toooooo scared!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum