Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Do dealers know when you're picked to receive the LR survey?

As per the thread title really... My car was in at the dealer for the recall a couple of weeks ago. Around a week later, at 11am in the morning, I get LR's customer service email asking me to let them know how I rated the dealer visit. And early that afternoon, I get the dealer's phone call to check everything was ok. And on the call, reference is made to a LR survey and comments made to suggest/hope I'm able to score them highly.

When the car was handed over to me last year, the handover agent even asked if there was anything else she could pretty much do to ensure I scored 10s across the board when surveyed.

And it just really grates on me. I'm sure they are KPI'd on scoring 10s, perhaps even bonused. But what's the freakin' point of trying to beg for 10s. It's not a good look, and you're not going to ever be top of your game.

I can't help but believe I only got the follow-up call as they could see I'd just been sent the survey?

So I answered the survey in full detail. 10 in places, and much lower in others (for genuine reasons like waiting around a month to get an appt for a recall issue). I'd dropped off at 8am, and was told it would be ready at 5pm all being well. They were also ordering in a part I'd flagged, doing a winter health check, and checking a small issue, but by 4pm I'd heard zilch. No call, and no SMS/email to the technician walk-around. Tried to call. Twice was left on hold for 10 mins and no one would answer, so I just had to risk it and get my lift down there. They finally call at 4.40pm, when I was 10 mins away. Thankfully it was ready. But this was poor, and it needed flagging.

It would just be so refreshing to get a follow up phone call from the dealer, and hear them say: "I hope you had a good experience when you visited us [yesterday / a couple of days ago], but if there's anything outstanding, or anything we could improve on, please let me know as we want to ensure your complete satisfaction."

And end the call with: "You may also receive a survey from Land Rover, and we'd encourage you to please complete it fully and honestly. We value all feedback, as we only want to keep improving."

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum