Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Geeboy
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Loire Blue

I've still not received a letter from JLR about the security update and have in the meantime looked at what I can do to improve the security myself. The Ghost seems to be the go to immobiliser for Discovery but difficult to get your hands on one if you are not an authorised installer. There is a German company however who make a similar device and these are more readily available. I tried to purchase one direct from the manufacturers but import duties etc meant it was cheaper to buy in UK. Installation of the device is very simple (similar to Ghost) with the only connections required a permanent live & ground and one or two connections to the two CAN BUS cables which run throughout the vehicle. The key to it being successful however seems to be that you can install it in numerous locations that the thieves won't have time to check rather than the easiest place to install which was provided and likely to be the first place the thieves look. I'm going to scour the wiring diagrams for a good place with simple access but hidden and secure once fixings are replaced. Could anyone who installs these or has had one fitted please private message me with options to save me the grief as my wiring diagram is in Italian. Anyone wanting details on these devices can also PM me for details. Thanks
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

I don’t rate the ghost. Seems to get good hype.

A S5+ tracker and anti canbus hack is the one. Two forms of protection in one whereas the ghost doesn’t track.

I ripped the ghost out of mine and opted for alternative.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum