Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Steering judder

Thoughts please, on Thursday I was headed off to Parma in Italy from home in the Cotswolds, by the Beaconsfield junction I experienced really strong juddering through the steering wheel, when I slowed it stopped but when I speeded up again it started. Pulled off and started to head towards Beaconsfield, after I found somewhere to pull up it stopped as I pulled into the lay-by. Checked the car and couldn’t see anything obvious. Then drove all the way to the Swiss border with no repeat incidence. They’re new tyres and my first thought was balancing or loose wheel nut.

On Friday we started driving towards Parma and after crossing the border were caught up in the Easter traffic and soon ground to a halt, the temperature outside was warm and the sun started doing its job, I turned the aircon on and realised it wasn’t as good as normal and then, as I was stationary thought I wonder if it’s a belt that drives the aircon and the steering pump and perhaps the judder was caused by that?

After queuing for an hour we decided to leave the motorway and head over the Alps, what an experience! As we were coming down toward the Italian border the car again started the juddering but this time it was very unpleasant as I was driving down a switchback section. Again pulled over and again it stopped. Completed the drive to Parma with no more incidents, well, with the exception of the passenger window deciding it didn’t like being used as much and took lots of repeated small flips of the button to get it up again, clearly didn’t like all the toll booths! So Mrs A will be in the rear seat on the way back in case it fails properly.

Has anyone else experienced the juddering?

MY19 HSE Lux
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

You haven't got Lane keep assist or Lane departure warning switched on by any chance? Also are the cameras at top of windscreen clear? D5 has electric powersteering so there is not hydraulic steering pump.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

LKA was on, but this wasn’t it, it was non stop and could be felt through the whole of the car, the front passenger could also feel it through their feet.

MY19 HSE Lux
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum