Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MikeT1
    United Kingdom 

From Disco3 to Disco5

Hi all

Just making my way over from the Disco3 forum, now that I have finally updated to D5
  • MikeT1
    United Kingdom 

My D3 was a 2007 HSE and is still going with 200k miles on it. Although not sure what to do with it as milage/age kills any value yet still a nice car. Hoping that the D5 will also be a good one. Gone for a 2020 HSE Lux.
    Both are Santorini black so not showing a lot of imagination in car choices Laughing
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

All Land Rovers should be Santorini Black. Consideration of any other colour choice is purely a waste of time (for me). Thumbs Up

Sounds like a super car - do post some pics if you get a chance.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • ChrisJerman
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

We've just done exactly the same thing, We have still kept the 55plate HSE in Santarini Black mainly becuase it's super cheap to insure for me and my 17 year old and because at 206k miles it's worth no more running than dead !
    But we just bought a 2017 HSE in Santarini black for £16k, we were looking at a late D4 but this was only a couple of grand more and should repay that in reduced fuel use due to weight reduction. It's not as practical as the old D3 for the farm but for driving comfort it's hard to tell it apart from our 21 plate RRS
    Very Happy
  • MikeT1
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
  • MikeT1
    United Kingdom 

13 years and 200k miles difference. Hoping the D5 proves to be just as good
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I wish you luck, but I think you’ll find your old D3 is a lot more reliable and will depreciate less than the D5.

What’s you’re insurance like?
  • ChrisJerman
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

For me the d5 is £880 to insure and my D3 £970 but my 17 year old is on the D3. The D5 would have been £670 were it not for my 3 points on my licence. Really liking the inteligent speed limiter on the D5 which hopefully will stop me getting another 3 points ! The trouble living on the welsh border is very often there are 3 different speet limits within one village.
    Regarding reliability I'm hoping that the beefier torque convertor on the 8 speed D5 and reduced weight might go a long way to ofsetting the more complex emmision controls the D5 has. My local Indy thinks they are seeing less trouble with D5's than they did with D3's and 4's when at similar age but only time will tell
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Not too bad then. 👍😄
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum