Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

BigCol66 wrote:
    Dealer left me a message today to say my car Will be built in August for September delivery if I still want it.
    I had said I would cancel because I wasn't impressed with the MY24 changes, although I did say to the dealer to hold onto my deposit for now. Decisions decisions? Trouble is it's not just the spec changes, the finance rate has jumped up quite a bit.

I suppose it depends if you think keeping hold of your current motor longer is the plan, or would prefer to shift into a different brand/model. I have to admit to having been VERY close to jumping ship back to BMW given the delays with my new MY23.5, but I'm really (and I mean REALLY) pleased so far that I didn't.

It's the most complete car I've ever owned, wonderful to drive, and I just think it looks fantastic too. That said, I'd have been furious if I'd had to pay for the 21" black wheels, which I wanted to "downgrade" to from the 22s. I could have lived without HUD, having never had it before, but having now got it, I find I no longer look at the main instrument binnacle and I only check my speed against the HUD.

As for finance, I was horrified when I got my PCP quote from the dealer, which they point blank refused to give me until four weeks out. It was going to very expensive vs the PCP I started in Sept 2018 (and then paid off four years later). In the end, I didn't buy this one on JLR finance as I baulked at how much it was going to cost me to borrow the money from them.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Glad to hear you are pleased with your Metropolitan.
    The interest rate has gone from 5.9 on my current car to 8.9 quite a big jump and Land Rover are not currently offering any contribution.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

My dealer did a special promo offering 7.9% with £500 contribution towards accessories, so I've put that towards fixed side steps as didn't want the whole expensive pack thing.

Some dealerships won't offer any incentives as they know orders will come in regardless.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Glad to hear you are pleased with your Metropolitan.
    The interest rate has gone from 5.9 on my current car to 8.9 quite a big jump and Land Rover are not currently offering any contribution.

Ouch. That's a huge jump, and I can feel your pain.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Spoke to the dealer today and we went through the spec on my order as it it now can't be changed. It looks like it doesn't have the surround sound as this is now an option. Is the standard Meridian any good as I have always had surround? It won't come with a spare wheel either as this was not specified when it went to MY24.
    Not sure what to do. I could reorder but I was told the price may rise.
    One thing for sure cars are definitely coming through much we quicker.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

No spare and no surround, hmmm, I think I'd re-order, especially with the lead times now being quicker. Given the cock-ups, has the dealer got a demo on order it can spec change and let you have, and they take this one? Might be worth asking.

If you are spending this much on a car, you need it to be the RIGHT car.

The stereo on mine is super. For sure, the standard one is probably "ok". But are you paying for just "ok", or for something to really enjoy....

• Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Agreed, with the amount of money being spent it needs to be right. For me Surround Sound is a must. I spotted on my spec sheet it didn't have Surround even though I requested it. Gutted the new facelifts have been reduced to 700W as I love the 825W output in mine but hopefully it's not to noticeable.

As the time between build and delivery is a lot quicker, I would risk it and re-order. If dealer cocked-up surely they can keep your place in the queue? Dealer messed up my order and will re-order in time for my agreed delivery date.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Yes I think I will reorder as you are quite right it's a lot of money to spend and not get what I wanted.
    I can't believe you have to pay extra for surround sound on a top spec car.

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

What delivery time are they quoting for a re-order?

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Officially the delivery time is still 9-12 months but a more realistic time is 5 months according to the dealer.

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    No spare and no surround, hmmm, I think I'd re-order, especially with the lead times now being quicker. Given the cock-ups, has the dealer got a demo on order it can spec change and let you have, and they take this one? Might be worth asking.

If you are spending this much on a car, you need it to be the RIGHT car.

The stereo on mine is super. For sure, the standard one is probably "ok". But are you paying for just "ok", or for something to really enjoy....
    Don't forget the standard Meridian system in the Discovery is just 400W, compared to the 700W on the surround version.

https://www.meridian-audio.com/media/8d9bf...glance.pdf

I can't say I'm blown away by the surround version, but 300W is a lot of oomph to lose. Sadly because of the lack of supply/stock at a dealer, it's probably hard to even be able to sit in 2 cars with the different systems to compare.

Spare wheels were not standard fit either on the MY23.5, so that's not new for MY24.
  • Arcadian
    United States 

The standard Meridian system was installed in my Metropolitan due to supply issues and it is very average. Definitely a couple steps down from my last Discovery that had the 825W system.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

New Metropolitan

Picked up my new Metropolitan today in Verisine blue. Everything on it that should be including the gesture tailgate.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Looks a stunning motor. Hope you enjoy every mile !

• discus
    United Kingdom 

Congratulations, looks fantastic. I might be a little bit biased though as I collected an almost identical one last month! Seriously impressed by the refinement and performance, will maybe post a mini review once I hit a thousand miles.

2024 Discovery Metropolitan D300 - Offroad & Towing Packs - Varesine Blue
    2019 Discovery HSE SDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum