Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Domijar
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Engine uneven rev in idle Td6 2017

Dear Forum members,
    I just purchased 2017 Disco 5 with Td6 258HP engine and 58.000km mileage.
    The car was serviced by previous owner at LR every 12-15k km but also this did safe the Td6 from failure.
    Problem is that after starting in cold the engine turns/runs smooth (car is not being moved) idle mode but after few minutes it starts to run uneven with unstable revs as if the air supply would be somewhete distorted. The butterfly valve was checked and is not stuck.
    I captured a short video and placed it on YouTube gor better illustration of the issue.
    Tomorrow I will be getting ICarsys and will report about available faults in system. Standars OBD analysis showed only communication error.
    Here is the link to the video: ?feature=shared

Maybe one of you will be able to instantly identify the issue without knowing the OBD result.
    Thanks in advance Bow down Bow down Bow down for the exchange on potential solutions of the problem.
    Regards,
    Domi
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Check/clean the fuel filter and consider the high pressure fuel pump for the common rail. Does the rough idle go away once the engine is warm or does it idle rough every time you come to a stop after driving? There are two fuel pumps, one to prime the main HPFP (that sounds like it's working fine as you indicated it starts easily), and then the HPFP that pressurizes the rails for the injectors.

In very cold weather (many degrees below freezing) I always use an anti-gel additive and try to keep the tank above 3/4 if it will be sitting outside overnight or for several hours. In the US I run a bottle of DieselKleen in the tank every few thousand miles, especially if I've been in places where the fuel might not have been the best quality. Not sure what you have over there but I'm quite sure there's an equivalent diesel detergent and cetane additive.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum