Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nicksaab
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Indus Silver

Might be a little too late but if you still want to reject the car and you have any finance on the car, then the finance company is liable for any issues and you should reject the car with them. My last L405 Range Rover was back in the garage 7 times in the first 18months. The finance company accepted my rejection and refunded me the full purchase price, plus additional costs I had incurred (servicing, new tyres etc) less a small deduction for mileage.

When I first approached the dealer to reject the only option they gave me was current tradein value against another vehicle so always go down the finance route. Even if you only financed some of the purchase cost the finance company is liable for the full cost of the vehicle in the event of a rejection.
  • TomThumb
    United Kingdom 

@nicksaab Cheers for the advice,
    if the dealers revised offer is as bad as their first i may well have to see what the finance company have to say on the matter.

Tom…

MY2019 Hse lux in Indus Silver
    Deployable tow bar, cubby fridge, side steps, black pack.
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Indus Silver

Heya - I'd go to the finance company anyway - won't hurt. You will almost certainly be better financially off with them on your side.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

On a non mechanical dispute experience….I have to concur with going straight to the finance company.

We ordered a complete suite of lounge furniture, many £000s, and opted for finance.

When the furniture arrived 3 of the 8 items were unacceptable. I made one call to the suppliers and hearing their response tone, I immediately phoned the finance company…who were incredibly helpful.

They asked for photos to be uploaded to my account portal with them.

I also sent hard copy photos to the suppliers head office outlining my reasons for rejection and referring them to the finance company for all future discussions.

The finance people said leave it with them….I did.

They paused the repayments on the total bill, only restarting the clock after the suppliers took the furniture back and credited my account, but they also adjusted the payments to the new total, spread over the original term….thus reducing my monthly DD.

I have nothing but praise for how the finance company sorted the problem with minimal input from me.
  • TomThumb
    United Kingdom 

@Wolfpack nice to hear the finance company stepped up to the plate,

Although most of the purchases price had been covered by myself, about a quarter had been on finance, so I’ll defo give them a call next week & see what they can offer.

Cheers for your input gents.

Tom…

MY2019 Hse lux in Indus Silver
    Deployable tow bar, cubby fridge, side steps, black pack.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum