Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Philip
    United Kingdom 

Alarm keeps going off

We have a 2018 Disco and the alarm has been sounding intermittently, last time 3am! I want to the dealer and they said it is a known fault on Land Rovers that the door mechanism fails sending am error message to the alarm even though the door is locked. They want £450 to replace the door lock mechanism. However I have been told to double press the locking on the key fob and the alarm has not gone off. Only difference is the mirrors don't come in and there is a bleeping sound after a few seconds. Any idea why this happens?
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

I thought the double click was to deadlock so doors cannot be opened from inside. Also the single click doesn’t enable the interior sensor.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: Alarm keeps going off

Philip wrote:
    We have a 2018 Disco and the alarm has been sounding intermittently, last time 3am! I want to the dealer and they said it is a known fault on Land Rovers that the door mechanism fails sending am error message to the alarm even though the door is locked. They want £450 to replace the door lock mechanism. However I have been told to double press the locking on the key fob and the alarm has not gone off. Only difference is the mirrors don't come in and there is a bleeping sound after a few seconds. Any idea why this happens?

Mirrors should fold in with either single or double click on remote. I always do an (immediate) double click which gives a confirmation beep AND folds in the mirrors.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum