Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

MPG

Hi all I went on a sort break to Anglesey last week. I put the car into eco mode my average speed was 60 mph and I got 48 mpg which I was really surprised.

I know it’s a bit slow for some people, James Bond in the opening scene of his last movie said.
    “ There’s no need to go fast we have all the time in the world “ I’m retiring at the end of the month
    Very Happy

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails, side steps & mud flaps and dash cam front & back..
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Interested in you posting this... I had never noticed Eco mode ever before! Now I'm wondering how much better my mpg to Italy & back would have been if I'd tried Eco mode! Did use it for the commute to work this morning, however.....

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Chalkey
    England 

I went on the Land Rover experience day with the voucher the dealer gave me, which was great. The instructor on the day told me how good the eco setting is and how it improves your mpg on a road trip.

The throttle response isn’t as quick and the air con and heated seats are slightly reduced to improve mpg. I’ve never been a fast driver so I was happy with the setting. Once I’m on the motorway I just enjoy the drive I’m certainly not a boy racer (to old for that)

Now around the town I use the comfort setting and if I’m travelling any distance I got in the eco mode. Each time you stop and restart the engine it will automatically go into comfort mode so you have to select eco mode. There’s a eco sign just above the D on your speedo.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails, side steps & mud flaps and dash cam front & back..
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Really interesting - thank you...

Reminds me I never got my LRE voucher for my June 2023 new car delivery. I wonder how I go about chasing that up!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

You should be able to just book it by calling the centre you want to go to. They are able to check your details from your registration number. Worked for me, anyway.

2024 Discovery Metropolitan D300 - Offroad & Towing Packs - Varesine Blue
    2019 Discovery HSE SDV6
  • Chalkey
    England 

Ask your dealer for information the Landrover experience emailed me then I picked the centre and gave the my reg number and picked a time and date.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

You can phone LRE, give your details and they will see your account and what half day experiences you have.

They never go out of date. You can combine them if you have more than one for a full day. You can also nominate them to a friend or relative.

At last count I had 7 from new purchases. I did a half day once, shared it with SWMBO. It was okay, but then I’d done a weeks full time off road 4x4 course previously, so I didn’t get anything out of it, so never went again.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

You can phone LRE, give your details and they will see your account and what half day experiences you have.

They never go out of date. You can combine them if you have more than one for a full day. You can also nominate them to a friend or relative.

At last count I had 7 from new purchases. I did a half day once, shared it with SWMBO. It was okay, but then I’d done a weeks full time off road 4x4 course previously, so I didn’t get anything out of it, apart from. a nice chat with the instructor, who twigged immediately I’d had training, so never went again.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Thank you - I'll be doing this. Can anyone recall if you can take a child as a passenger? My son 10yo son would love it.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

I never had a problem when I took my youngest. They never questioned it and he sat in the back obviously. He’d had enough when he went round with me, he declined to go with his mother, maybe he knew her driving was a bit suspect! 😂
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum