Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Alberto
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Internet connection and software update problems

Hello.
    I have observed that I cannot use the internet in the vehicle, the SIM data card appears connected and with the local network server, or when it connects to the Wi-Fi network, but it does not get an internet connection.
    I have looked at everything on the screen, but I can't get internet in the vehicle.
    For example, I cannot use the Connected Navigation, Live services and the on-board Wifi access point. (This last one appears to me with a Wi-Fi connection but without internet).

Maybe this problem also affects the fact that I cannot update the vehicle's software.

Many thanks for everything.

Alberto
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What version software is currently in your car?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: Internet connection and software update problems

Alberto wrote:
    Hello.
    I have observed that I cannot use the internet in the vehicle, the SIM data card appears connected and with the local network server, or when it connects to the Wi-Fi network, but it does not get an internet connection.
    I have looked at everything on the screen, but I can't get internet in the vehicle.
    For example, I cannot use the Connected Navigation, Live services and the on-board Wifi access point. (This last one appears to me with a Wi-Fi connection but without internet).

Maybe this problem also affects the fact that I cannot update the vehicle's software.

Many thanks for everything.

Alberto

I always have problems trying to update software using the SIM data card. When I park the car in the drive and use the house WIFI, it works. Once updated the SIM card works for live services.
  • Alberto
    Spain 

The entertainment software is updated, or rather it tells me that the latest version is now available, but the problem I have is with the vehicle's software, it keeps searching and there is no way.
    Did it take a long time to update with your home Wi-Fi network?
  • Alberto
    Spain 

jimbg wrote:
    What version software is currently in your car?

Where can I see it exactly?

Thank You

Alberto
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum