Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• AMJ
    Spain 

Skipping services in Madrid

Hi everybody. I just joined the Forum and would like to inquire about delaying scheduled services.

I have a 2017 Disco 5 3.0 HSE Diesel. It is near 74,000 kms with very little use but performing well. I called Land Rover´s dealer (C de Salamanca) in Madrid and they said that my Disco should go for the 7 year services (as for 182,000 kms). This means changing the driving/timing belt, the ducts for the braking fluid, etc. (apologies if this are not the right translation for the parts), besides the regular oil and filters. Of course, it would cost me over 3,000€.

What would you guys recommend? Waiting until 100,000 at least? Midas would do the changes for half the cost, although they seemed pretty "surprised" of what this service includes...

Thanks a lot for your recommendation...
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I hate to bring you bad news, but if you don't have the service history of the vehicle, then I would follow what the dealer has recommended.

Officially, it is xxx Km OR xx Years.

However... I would say that the timing belts are the most important...

The brake hoses can be checked and could wait till next service without too much issue so long as they are still in good condition.

I WOULD however change the brake fluid.

I would also recommend that you look at an independent garage for the work as I have been quoted €1500 for the timing belts here in Luxembourg and I things are normally more expensive here than other countries.
  • AMJ
    Spain 

Thank you for your insightful reply.
    I did all scheduled services and have the service history throughout my Disco´s 74,000 kms. I guess I just hate to make the 3,000€ service on a car that now I use for under 5,000 kms a year and that I do not want to sell either...
    I am getting awfully penny-pinching as I get older...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum