Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Andy36812
    United Kingdom 

Warranty

Afternoon all.
    Had a search through the forum but not really found an answer.

So after a few years in the wilderness I am thinking of returning to the LR fold
    Previously 2 Freelander's Discovery, Range Rover ( Had a good time on the FF Forum) and a 2a so I have the scars financial, emotional and physical.
    A D5 fits my needs still not decided between snapping cranks or stretched cam chains.
    Question is which aftermarket warranty's cover the above. I probably wont buy a LR approved vehicle and I don't think you can get the LR warranty if you don't, unless someone can put me right?

thanks
    Andy

apologise site was glitching earlier didn't realise post had been posted 3 times and I cant delete If a moderator could please.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Just had my Extended Warranty offer come in for my D5 HSE LUX. Last year premium was £1152 and that included roadside assistance. This year its gone up to £1524 which is a bit of a leap!
  • laf
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

From everything I've read, a genuine full LR warranty only is a must.

You can get them to apply a full LR warranty if you pay for an inspection at LR and then pay to fix anything they raise at that stage, once that's all done you then will be covered by the warranty as though you bought approved from LR.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

So you are saying if I pay LR to inspect my car now and fix anything wrong they will give me a warranty free of charge for a year I presume? Never heard of this and it must be massively cheaper than paying £1500 plus for an extended warranty less any repairs they find.
  • laf
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

No, you still pay for the warranty as well. The inspection and repairs are to allow you to be able to buy the LR warranties.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

My warranty is just about to run out and they have quoted me £1550 including road side assist. No mention of an inspection. I may go down this line although it still seems expensive.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The faff / farce if you use a main dealer and have a non-LR warranty looks painful. From sitting in service reception and hearing the chat between customer and service rep, it looks long, slow and just horridly painful when a third party is involved, as the dealer won't do anything until there is absolute confidence they'll be paid. With LR, them seemingly - IMHO - just get on with it. Never had an issue.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

Agree. I’m too old and ugly to be dealing with third party people as, like you, always been a bad experience. So LR warranty here we come!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

terryall wrote:
    Just had my Extended Warranty offer come in for my D5 HSE LUX. Last year premium was £1152 and that included roadside assistance. This year its gone up to £1524 which is a bit of a leap!

The older the car gets, the more expensive the LR warranty becomes, year on year. I suppose it’s the old story about insurance and risk.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum