Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

  • Huggs153
    Member Since: 10 Sep 2026
    Location: Surrey
    Posts: 3
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

    4x4 Response Lights

    Hi Collective
    I'm new to the D5 fraternity but have 2x D3' and 2x D4's... Should have learnt my lessons... Has an member fitted flashing amber lights to a D5, and if so could they share any links of suppliers and images please?
  • BAZ8046
    Member Since: 23 Apr 2026
    Location: Kent
    Posts: 54
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 S Carpathian Grey

    Hi, I have a roof bar on mine.
    They aren’t the easiest to fit but with the car being aluminium magnetic mounts don’t work.
    I fitted roof rails and then used a mounting kit from Response Vehicle Lighting.
    For this to work you have to use rubber blocks to elevate the light bar so the brackets can create enough downwards clamping force.
    If you don’t do this it will bounce on the roof at higher speeds.
    I normally fit some extra strobe units as well but I haven’t to this car yet.
    For electrics you can run a cable in to the O/S rear corner where the battery sits anyway.
    Hope this helps.






    Last edited by BAZ8046 on 26th Sep 2026 5:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Huggs153
    Member Since: 10 Sep 2026
    Location: Surrey
    Posts: 3
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

    Thanks Baz.
    Do you run any covert grill LEDs? Ive seen some on D3/4's but not D5's...
  • BAZ8046
    Member Since: 23 Apr 2026
    Location: Kent
    Posts: 54
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 S Carpathian Grey

    I have used surface mounted ones before on my D3 and D4 but haven’t on the D5 yet.
    RVL do a good range so I’m sure there will be some that will fit.
    They won’t be the cheapest but the quality is good, some of the cheaper units don’t last very long.
    If I do get around to fitting any I’ll add a post.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT + 1 Hour DISCO5.CO.UK © 2016 - 2026 Futuranet Ltd DISCO5.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums 
DISCO5.CO.UK is independent and not affiliated to Jaguar Land Rover.
Switch to the mobile site