- You are currently viewing DISCO5.CO.UK as a guest - Register to take part or Log In
-
- ChaddersP
- Member Since: 15 Sep 2026
- Location: North Scarle
- Posts: 28
Tow assist hitch assist
I don’t currently have a tow bar fitted but will be soon it’s not going to be a genuine LR but will have dedicated wiring to integrate with the car. How do i know if I’ve got tow/hitch assist on the car? Do they only activate when a tow bar is fitted? I’ve seen in the hand book pg135 advanced towing assist again how would I know if that’s something I have? Finally the handbook mentions a target sticker required for the tow assist function is this something that would need to be purchased from LR? Thanks
-
-
- Wolfpack
- Member Since: 25 May 2019
- Location: Norfolk, UK
- Posts: 587

Not sure if it’s absent on cars before fitting a towbar as mine came with electric deployable towbar.
I scrolled to last screen page (on mine) to see towing stuff. Provided the configuration has been set you can programme in your trailer weight and it will adapt traction control and other stuff when trailer is fitted. Mine wasn’t configured so I can’t input caravan details*….cant be bothered to get the dealers to set it up! I also don’t use the nose weight calc feature because it’s not that accurate or flexible….. hitch needs to be on tow ball and my caravan isn’t in line with car when loading, only on departure which is a bit late.
TBH…the most useful thing is the reversing camera (when selected) showing a single line to the towball and on my early model , the zoom feature when 2feet away from trailer hitch. (Now missing on later models) All I really need.
I never went for the tow assist and sticker thingie. The reversing camera is good enough for me and besides manually reversing is good practise for those occasions you get caught on a single track road.lol
Oh the light check feature is good when I remember how to set the car before pushing the button. It goes round all the lights in turn which saves the wife running about like a mad thing in the rain.
* My caravan has itself got Alko hitch traction control and I’ve heard from some people that having that feature on both caravan and car can lead to confusion which is doing what…at the worse possible moment.
Last edited by Wolfpack on 4th Oct 2026 3:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total
-
- ChaddersP
- Member Since: 15 Sep 2026
- Location: North Scarle
- Posts: 28
Thanks ultimately I’ll find out whether I’ve got these functions I guess in reality nothing beats practice and experience. Oh and the wife waving her arms around standing ins position where I can’t actually see her 😂 I’ve got the HSE model if that helps others who may chip in
-
- You cannot create new threads in this forum
You cannot reply to threads in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
DISCO5.CO.UK © 2016 - 2026 Futuranet Ltd
DISCO5.CO.UK is independent and not affiliated to Jaguar Land Rover.