Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jdr0-3
    United Kingdom 

Only gone and done it!

After much soul searching, reading and countless visits to my dealer (well not actually MY dealer as my dealer couldn’t be bothered!) My order is placed!

HSE TD6 in black with a few little extras. Delivery expected early September.

After four disco 3/4s over the last twelve years it will be strange to have what is in essence a “New” car.

Does anyone have an experience with the Landrover tracking system or am I better sticking with something 3rd party like "Tracker" ?
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Hi jdr0-3,

Glad to see you decided to go with the D5. Re tracking I know your dealer should be able to give you something like this

I did read something on hear also about once car is build you can track via VIN no. But I haven't done that and as you can see haven't asked for an updated Vista either.
  • kid
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

well done Thumbs Up
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

I have my VIN, so how do I track? I'm sure my dealer is tired of me asking for updates.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Are we talking about order tracking or stolen vehicle tracking?

The mention of "tracker" makes me think it's the latter.

Land Rover's inControl Secure is Cat 6 where something like tracker or teletrack you can specify a more expensive CAT5 system. It all depends on what your insurance company requires.

I can tell you that inControl Secure works! When my D5 was recovered by truck my mobile phone rang as soon as the car was being hooked up telling me it was being stolen (there is an option in the app where you can tell it it's being recovered to the dealer and I forgot to set this Embarassed )
  • Rockcypher
    United States 

Order tracking. Would like to know when/if truck has left the U.K., when it hits the port here in the States, etc.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Yes, you are talking about order tracking but my point was the opening poster was talking about stolen car tracking.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 

No worries. The original post is discussing placing an order, and it didn't occur to me that they may have been referring to stolen vehicle recovery. But...the first reply is a screen shot of JLR Vista system that is used to track vehicle builds, shipping, etc. My dealer has been texting me screen shots of my trucks journey thru the build progress and they clearly show Vista2........so, hence my question about shipment tracking. Sorry for any confusion, but still wondering if anyone knows how to track a vehicle thru shipping and delivery to dealer. Thanks.

• jdr0-3
    United Kingdom 

I was indeed referring to have a vehicle stolen. I was wondering if there was anything to gain by using the Land Rover system or staying with "Tracker". It sounds as if the Land Rover system works well however my dealer seems a little vague on it's actually performance, reliability and design parameters, maybe I ask too many questions!.

Let’s hope the D5 is the right choice - my other discos have been 100% reliable, just dealer servicing so the D5 has a lot to live up to when it arrives. I have followed "The Doc" and "Roadrunners" fortunes and hope it is just the 1st Editions that have had a few issues, time will tell I guess.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum