Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Waiting time outside UK

I know, this is country spesific, but what is your estimated delivery date and waiting time from order to delivery in other countries than UK?

I am from Finland, and made an order of a HSE TD6 at December 2016. At that time the delivery estimate was mid to end of April. That was fine, until dealer called me at end of March saying that build is delayed to end of May and delivery is mid to end of June.

Week ago, as I had not heard anything from dealer, I contacted them and asked the delivery. Today, I got answer that there is still no slot booked, no build date fixed and earliest estimate for delivery is November!

From order to delivery 11 months! Delay from original delivery estimate to current estimate is 6 months.

So what is your estimated waiting time from order to delivery? Any other Finnish customers here?

I know that some of you have put deposit down years ago and have waited longer, But the car was not in production until beginning of this year.
  • RyanRC
    United States 

I know this isn't helping much but my sales person told me about three months for me in my area here in the US.

Can't say I have anything more for proof on that, but is what I was told and the place does sell a lot of LRJ's so hopefully he would have some idea.

I'm probably one of the least knowing people of LR around here, but I have been reading a lot about the car and it seems to me that some certain options can sometimes make things take longer then others.

My guess might be is if they have to pull the car off the line for more then normal normal work, they may place it in the when we can get to it some time over the next 2-3 weeks que.

Might even be a thing of that with as well as a interruption of parts too as the car is so new some supplies might have something like that happen to them or the just don't have enough stock of that yet so they have to wait a week or two.

But again, I'm probably the least knowing person about stuff like this.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

My truck was ordered October 5, 2016, built April 7, 2017, and still has not shipped to the States.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Rockcypher was it shown to be completed on the 7th?

Or is that when they started building it?

Also just curious, while I have never bought a LR, from what I'm reading around here isn't there a thing you can log into to see what its current status is?

If so is yours just sitting someplace in the UK, or on a boat or someplace else?
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

LR system screen shot dealer sent me indicates that was the actual build date.

Can anyone comment on being able to track shipping status via Topix? I can pull up my truck but can't find any status details.

Thanks

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Llama24
    United States 

We ordered a very long time ago, I can't remember when. It built may 5. It is on the ship, dealer told me the pick up date is June 23. I live in CA.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Well the launch here in Montreal was 14 June. The dealer (one of three in the area) had a few in stock about 5 or 6 I believe and more arriving later this year. I went along to see what they had that would replace my LR3. I usually cringe at the thought of a new model event. Truth is I had never been to one and was really looking at used diesel Range Rover Sports or a used LR4s which appear to be as rare as hens teeth and they never brought the TD6 to Canada.

To get to the point I ended up buying a D5 HSE TD6. I am not sure who was more surprised me or the sales chappie.

Any way I pick it up next week.

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

So picked it up today, Indus Grey HSE with a few options although I didn't really get to choose. But the most important one for any vehicle out here is the winterpack it will be very interesting to see how the D% handles -20C Very Happy

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Craigp
    England 

I hope it handles the low temperatures better than mine's handling the 30deg temperatures we are having at the moment. Apart from a few issues really like the car.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum