Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Llama24
    United States 

Critique my build

I have 9 days before my order is locked down and I'm nervous I missed something or have selected too much. Also not sure of color - give me your thoughts!

HSE lux
    Fuji white
    Vision assist package
    Drive pro package
    21 inch black design package

Minor:
    Ebony headliner
    Black roof rails
    360 parking aid
    Cooled front console

I thought the Fuji white would look good with the black design package but after reading the forum - Do you all really think it looks like an ambulance in white?

Are 21 inch wheels too much? The 20's look pretty great in all the pics you have posted , but in worried they'll look too small.

Thanks in advance all
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I was seriously worried about mine as the order was locked down and in production three months early and I spent many hours wishing I'd ordered an HSE lux rather than the HSE.

I also didn't go for any of the design packs which I also was wondering was a mistake.

When mine arrived I had time to look at it next to cars with the design pack and bigger wheels etc. I decided that to my eyes although they look very different I couldn't decide which one looked "best".

My 20's don't look too small to me but it was a worry till I saw them. Bigger wheels always look better but smaller ones are harder to kerb!

I personally didn't want white but the other LR products I've seen on the road in white with the equivalent black design pack (I haven't seen another disco 5 yet) look great.

I don't know what the 360 parking aid gives over surround view which is standard on the HSE lux over here so I'm guessing you have that. On the in car technology page I've posted pictures of what I get with surround view but without the 360 parking aid.
  • Gareth
    United Kingdom 

My D4 is Fuji with BDP, and it does work very well. What's the difference between 360 parking aid and surround cameras? I have to be honest, my D4 has the surround cameras (the ones that work pretty well, pre 2015) and I have only ever used the rear camera for hitching the caravan. The door and front cameras are of no use. 360 Parking sounds more useful.
  • Llama24
    United States 

We went to the dealer today and while we have guesses, even he couldn't tell us the difference between 360 parking and surround view camera. I'm a bit annoyed, because it's about $1500 total that it adds to the car and I don't even know what I'm getting! Other than adaptive headlights which I don't particularly want or need.

We did switch to the 21" black pack, but still going back and forth on the color. Now deciding between corris gray and narvik black (though Fuji white is still an option, I'm bummed we can't do it with the black contrast roof and still keep the black pack).

Narvik black with a 21" black pack and black interior - is a little much right? This is what the configurator has it looking like - I can't decide if I love it or if it's a terrible idea...
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

Gareth wrote:
    What's the difference between 360 parking aid and surround cameras?

The 360° parking aid is radar. It will give audible alerts when you get close to objects. It has a screen that shows where the object probably is in relation to the vehicle.

The surround view cameras give live video of your surroundings at low speed.

Ordered - HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Kaikoura Stone 20" Black pack + more.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Llama24
    United States 

Ok it's locked in - ended up with HSE Lux, gas engine (3.0 liter, V6 supercharged)

Corris gray
    21 inch black pack
    Black roof rails
    Ebony headliner and leather
    Drive pro package
    Vision assist package
    Autonomous emergency breaking
    Cooled console

Removed the 360 parking aid and compromised on the color (wanted carpathian gray but couldn't justify another $1K for it).

Now, we wait. A little over 2 months to go...
  • Llama24
    United States 

Yay!
  • Huxey
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Looks great! Thumbs Up

HSE Lux TD6 Carpathian Grey, 20" Black Pack + loaded with options.
    Previously: 2011 BMW X5 MSport 35i Carbon Black
  • rotalution
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Fuji White

congrats, more pics pls =)
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Good spec. Nice car.

I have the carpathian grey. It's nothing special.

Also have the cooler. It's no fridge but does keep cold drinks cool for longer. Shame it's so noisy.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Oh. Surround cameras very useful. And the 4x4i screeen gives a interesting view of the wheels which are helpful when off road. Especially when in very deep ruts or on rocks
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum