Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• J77
    Scotland 

Yep it's owner top up but depending on where your dealer is it may be easier/cheaper to go there but they could at least give you a full tank, especially when spend £50K+.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Flatcoat
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

So.......mileage showing on the "DEF Refill" estimator was 6151 with a FULL 18 ltr of AdBlue.

Thank god for the free top-up with the 5-year Service Plan. Very Happy
    Yes you can do it yourself easy enough, but why pay for the fluid when it's free from Land Rover.?

Simple maths equates to:
    18 litres / 6151 miles = 0.00293 litres per mile.
    50,000 mile service plan would equate to, 50,000 x 0.00293 = 146.5 litres....!!!! Rolling with laughter
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

empty again

assuming that it was filled to the brim by the dealer it isnt lasting that long?!

Also the service warning message has come on and they still cant get to the bottom of the recurring tyre pressure warning light that appears every now and then.........

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • Flatcoat
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

2nd Ad-Blue Fill & Service

So that's a whopping 7,380 miles on the clock and I'm being asked for MORE Ad-Blue and a Service in 1,400 miles....!!! That would be 8,780 miles for it's first service (Should be 16,000 or 12-months).

Hope this doesn't count as service number #1 of the 5-year service plan or at this rate I'll be all out of services in 2-years and not 5-year......!!!

Also that's 18 litres of Ad-Blue gone again in 3,800 miles.....hmmmmm.... Rolling with laughter

Booked into the Dealer on the 21st to see whats what....

Also 2x Recalls:
    1) A-Pillar Trim adrift
    2) Diesel Exhaust DEF fluid quality check
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Is the DEF quality check subject to a recall? Pickin.g mine up from the dealer today after the no engine restart possible warning problem I had recently.

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 

EMPTY AFTER 1300 miles

Censored Censored

May as well have a boot full of the stuff this time?

Its in tomorrow for the service that it doesn't need but the car thinks it does and so hopefully some light will be shed on the latest set of lights!

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 

dealers response

They only 'topped up' when I went in last time apparently foc
    The service pack means that you get a free fill up when being serviced, but inbetween they offer a free top up (at dealers cost) not a fill up that would cost £30
    So basically i will need to pop in for a top up 6 or 7 times between services.............i will be greeted by a receptionist, given a drink, then greeted by the service manager, then a technician who will dribble a small amount of the adblue in ready for me to return in a few weeks.
    Surely it would be cheaper for them to just fill it up properly and see me far less often?

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 

Early service light diagnosis

.........so my driving style/journey type may have brought on the fact that the engine oil has changed its viscosity and now needs changing along with the filters prior to a full service
    £280 incl vat plus the £30 for the adblue but he is sticking some spare ad blue in the boot for me Rolling Eyes

I get a similar warning from my 30 year old defender when the oil needs changing, a big cloud of smoke and the dripping underneath stops.

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

On the other D5 forum there are reports of Ad Blue an Oil change messages.

Apparently there is a software update to fix early oil change messages?
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 

they did check the software 'just in case' but my car wasn't affected

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

£12 ish

Make sure it’s ISO 22241 or 22241-1 (UK)

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

So my AdBlue refill light came on Friday, around 6500 miles on the odometer. 2nd or 3rd refill, depending on how you count it. Bought 3.5 gal on Saturday and got all but a few ounces in - literally filled to the brim. Checked the range to refill: 5281 miles. So by my calculations, I had a finger or two more than 1.3 gal remaining with the 1500 mile warning.

Took a 220mi round trip to Breckenridge yesterday, checked the range to empty this morning: 5281 miles.

23mpg average on the way there into a 30mph headwind, 31mpg on the way back according to the InControl Remote app. Profile is from home to Breckenridge. Gross 8,795ft of elevation gain, 5,915ft of elevation loss, max elevation 11,527ft. Several climbs over 6% grade, a couple around 9%. This thing is a beast, and I love it.

• Motorpromotor
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

So about 1 month ago ours was topped up by Land Rover under the service package. 12 litres. Indicator suggested 600 miles left. On the way down to the Alps today and the light came on suggesting 1k miles left. Less than what we need for the trip. Called into Land Rover in Dijon who were very helpful and topped it with another 10 litres. I Rekon it’s done a max of 3k miles in the last month. Seems excessive to me? I thought it would be a software issue.....oh and European top ups aren’t included in the service plan
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’ve added 20L in 7k miles Shocked And there’s still room for more.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Mines done approx 4000 miles since a 10L top up and the 1500 mile countdown has come on.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum