Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Front Headrests.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the front headrests. I cant for the life of me move either the passenger or drivers one up or down?? Can't see or feel any buttons on the side like the rear headrests and have tried twisting the base but to no avail. Is this another fault to be added to the list or have i overlooked something ??

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 23rd May 2017 10:58 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi. The Landrover iGuide app is available for Android and iPhone - it explains how to adjust both electric and manual headrests.

My electric headrests adjust as intended. I have covered 2000 mile and no glitches so far with any aspect of the car, apart from my SIM getting stuck.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Rear ones are all fine fold down if you activate the buttons on the screen or on the rear of the car. It's the fronts am having issues with. I assumed they are just manual ones.
  • forever
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

If it a first edition which is what i think you have, it electrical on the buttons by the seat
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ok thanks i will have a look later on. I was needing to adjust passenger headrest for the rear seat entertainment as its sitting incorrectly to be viewed properly. Was just trying to get the DVD working over the weekend and it was rejecting brand new discs saying they needed cleaned. Eventually got 1 disc to work but it had no volume Sad
    (Just shows you how much interest i have taken in the car, as i have not even looked at the manual yet).
  • forever
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

my dvd is rather erratic as well, TBH i dont really use it as all my films are ripped to a usb stick..
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

The DVD player on the Disco Sport i had was a nightmare. Just froze completely. Also would not eject once a disc was inserted. Only rebooted after the car was switched off, locked and restarted.

D5 2 litres system was no problem at all.

My one has issues with it not switching off at all, at times, not recognising discs and the sat nav wont boot occasionally. Also NO CAMERA - PLEASE SEE DEALER message pops up every so often. Disc wont eject randomly, and alot of the time keeps saying PLEASE CLEAN DISC. Sad

At the end of the day the CD/DVD player should work as we have paid for it.

Plus i bet that lots of people may not have access to a PC or possess a hard drive, or a USB and may just prefer the old school method of using a physical CD/DVD

Not too mention that if you wanted to upgrade the maps on the sat nav am sure LR used to charge you for a CD with the updated maps on it, for the older RRs and Discos, so if your CD drive is not working your goosed. (I never payed for the sat nav updated disc though)

Plus will be interesting to see if the D5 will have OVER THE AIR so called updates for the maps if you have a paying subscription, instead of using a CD or USB to update your maps.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 23rd May 2017 2:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I am pretty sure it is via USB and we have a 3 years subscription. Thumbs Up

Just checked and it is a 17GB download that you can navigate to from the route planner

Last edited by jimbg on 23rd May 2017 2:04 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Cheers Jim Thumbs Up

I was wondering after the subscription expires how much LR will be charging ??

Sorry i should have mentioned that .Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The usual arm and leg and what ever else LR can dream up. Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes i thought so Laughing
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

jimbg wrote:
    I am pretty sure it is via USB and we have a 3 years subscription. Thumbs Up

Just checked and it is a 17GB download that you can navigate to from the route planner

Crikey, how big is the internal vehicle hard drive then?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum