Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• VRAMBO
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

HSE SD4 so far.

Hi all just thought id give my review on the SD4 and the car so far these are just my comments.
    Have only just ticked over 1500km and had the car for 4 weeks now so far no rattles, no leaks no issues with the entertainment everything seems to be going smoothly with no issues.
    I found the handling at first a bit ordinary but i put that down to the car only having 15km when i took delivery but now it has loosened up and feels just like my wife's disco sport, very responsive and very easy to steer.
    Might sound strange but i do find the car a lot better and feels a lot better driving in offroad height (may just be me lol)
    I heard a lot of people complaining about body roll with the car being so big/top heavy so far i haven't experienced this and i have been going through roundabouts at a good speedy and dont feel the urgency to apply the brake (i think my trusty ex 2013 FJ Cruiser had a lot more roll)
    As for the SD4 i am very happy i choose this over the V6 and the extra $6-7000 for it. The car is a little sluggish on take off but this has been improving every week and i dare say it will continue too but once over that initial sluggishness the car just takes off (ive been out running other cars at the lights).
    Once at speed you can effortlessly overtake cars on the highway no issues either put your foot down or change into sports mode and drop back a gear and off you go also havnt found it to be loud like a lot of people are saying seen quiet.
    Towing wise have had no issues towing a 2.6T boat and trailer around you can feel the weight as you pull off but once going you don't even know the boats behind.
    Fuel economy i cant really comment on as i haven't been paying attention to that side of things but got around 790km from the first tank.

Thanks for reading Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum