Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I wonder if LR by stating that their version will stop a theft, are admitting liability if a spare is stolen after their fix has been implemented?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Good question. I wonder if any paper work is supplied with the modification denouncing any liability?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I would rather LR work on securing the theft of the whole car, than just concentrating on the spare wheel. As much as it's an annoying pain too have it pinched, I know what I would rather have stolen Shocked
  • Gareth
    United Kingdom 

I doubt it. It’s the same principle as fitting locks on the doors to stop someone getting in and stealing from the glove box. There’s no guarantee it won’t happen. Just makes it less likely.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

It's a pity the spare could not be recessed inside the boot, fitting flush, like alot of saloon cars have. Obviously the wheels are of high value and highly sought after by the low life scum who think nothing of damaging other peoples property and thinking they are entitled too them. Even if it's nailed down, screwed down, or chained down, if someone is determined too get it they will. Sadly it's the state of the world we live in nowadays.

I remember a good few years ago that the number of car jackings on BMW's was so bad in South Africa, that owners had installed flame throwers along the sides of the cars, too prevent a jacking. Like wise Ford had designed a car stereo, at the height of thefts, that automatically self destructed (internally melted, and rendered it useless) if an attempted removal of the head unit was attempted. Why cant LR develop a spring like system that would potentially break the fingers of any unauthorised personal attempting too interfere with the spare wheel. Am sure they would not attempt too do this again. I realise this post may raise a few eyebrows, but am sure the vast majority would agree with me, plus I have also been a victim in the past. Censored

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th Feb 2018 11:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

The 6&7 seat location and mechanisms kill any chance of a saloon car style recess unfortunately Sad
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I think a finger breaking device (whilst I think it a good idea) would be highly illeagal Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • RLD
    United Kingdom 

All they have done is cover to stop getting to the cable but the same bracket holding it up as before as i have see of people that have had then stolen mini grinder and they cut the lugs of so as far as i see like pad lock on a garage door if you can see it they cut it .
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Will assume countries outside of the UK will also have the same...something to ask the dealer when i pick up the English language user manual...

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • RLD
    United Kingdom 

I have sent quit a good few into Europe this last few week as yes its happens over there to USA and China
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Ray - that i know Thumbs Up I have one of your covers on the D3 (you also supplied the first add-on to my very first D3 10 years ago Shocked - sump guard Thumbs Up )

For the D5 i’m Thinking of leaving it to LR to apply their fix Thumbs Up

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • RLD
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

simonh wrote:
    I think a finger breaking device (whilst I think it a good idea) would be highly illeagal Rolling with laughter

Ha ha as is the flame thrower, but highly effective. Mind you knowing my luck, I would probably forget too disengage the mechanism, end up in casualty along with a flat tyre that the Mrs would end up changing. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 7th Feb 2018 11:51 am. Edited 2 times in total
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

not even on the 5 seat config... though range rovers do have them in the boot... mind you though the space under the boot flooring has come very handy to store stuff like the emergency triangles and even my sons little goal we got him (obviously disassembled) lol and some other Censored lol

DG wrote:
    The 6&7 seat location and mechanisms kill any chance of a saloon car style recess unfortunately Sad

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

LR planning update mine next Tuesday, just waiting confirmation.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum