Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Order placed - the long wait has ended!

Just placed an order on a silicon silver TD6 SE with a few extras. Expected delivery date is July. It will be a long wait!

Last edited by IndusD4 on 11th Jul 2018 1:47 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Craigp
    England 

6 months! Is that through choice or are they the normal waiting times.
    Dont worry it will pass.

Really slowly Laughing
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I think it is a "safe" guess by the dealer should there be any delays. And shipping can take 2 months.

Ron
  • Craigp
    England 

I didnt relise where you lived. Maybe there driving it down. Laughing
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I wouldn't mind doing that myself. Another LR overland adventure!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Build date - 20 April. Getting closer and yet so far....

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • GP1200
    Australia 

Hi Ron
    Just make sure you option it up with the 4 x zone air con unit,
    Wasn’t mentioned when I ordered mine and regretting it now. I went with a HSE LUX and just expected it to be standard ( like my D4 HSE ) the car really needs it I I’m afraid.

Jack
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks Jack,

Mine will be a 5 seater. It is mainly myself and my wife and dogs travelling in it, It also has a metal roof so I'll be ok with 3 zone I think. The D4 is a 7 seater and I can't remember the last time I used the 3rd row seats, even then it was only once or twice a year. It only has the 2 zone aircon but also a metal roof - I felt it worked fine even in 45+C heat. My cars are always light coloured though, the D4 Indus Silver and the D5 ordered in Silicon silver.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Ron i have the SE and in my opinion the aircon is poor. I have posted on this before. Very little air flow to the rear seat vents even on full. Also i dont think the aircon unit is quite as powerful as the D4. I do recall a guy from the usa trying to reject the car because of the poor cooling. Ok he lived in Arizona or the like and said the car was unusable for rear seat passengers or animals in the boot. I understand the 4 zone is ok.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks guys, will chase this with the dealer.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • GP1200
    Australia 

If you can change it to the four zone, I think u will be much happier Ron.

My kids love the the D5, even though they didn’t want the D4 to go, but the only sticking point is the rear seat air con ( not as good as the D4 in the second row ) and having no vents at all in the luggage area( 3rd Row ) It’s the first thing they mentioned ( with no prompting )

There can’t be too many passenger vehicles in the world where u can have 3 or 4 options on a air con unit.

Bad decision on Land Rovers part..

Jack
  • Craigp
    England 

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread619.html

About the 3rd or 4th post down theres a picture of my solution so we dont kill the dog. Laughing
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

In Australia the SE comes standard with 2 zone aircon, no options to go 3 or 4 zone. The HSE comes with 3 zone and 4 zone as an option. I guess if the option isn't there the wiring loom is probably different between SE and HSE, which would make it hard to retrofit.

I went the SE spec as I wanted low range and a couple of other options which used to be standard on the base D4 but are not on a base D5 S spec (self dimming rear view mirror for example). While an HSE (lux) spec would be nice, I don't want to spend another $20k to get 4 zone aircon.

Anyway, it can't be worse than a Sydney train without aircon in summer. Thumbs Up

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Craigp
    England 

Im sure you will be fine. At least as you are coming into winter Laughing where as we are coming into summer. Very Happy
  • GP1200
    Australia 

Ron,
    The air con works ok in the front seats, yes it sort of different to the D4, but gets the job done.
    The D4 was like sitting in a freezer, but as someone mentioned, it’s most lightly set up to save fuel in the D5 and gets there just the same.

The rear is pretty poor, but I don’t have to sit there, so I’m not going to stress about it.

Only completed just over a 1000km in my new one, but is certainly growing on me after 8 years of D4’s.

Mine was built in the first week of December and was ready for delivery in Perth at the end of February.

Enjoy your wait !
    Jack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum