Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Just for information... I received my D5 with 22" rims, and with a second set of 20" rims with Duratracs on them.

Also, when I did the LR Experience, the D5s had Duratracs on them.

So... obviously LR DO accept Duratracs for offroad.

And... the choice of tyre is not set by the manufacturer so long as the size, speed rating and weight rating are within what the manufacturer of the vehicle requires.
  • Mcoy
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Namib Orange

It depends on what you mean by off-road, how "hard" it is. If you have to climb rock you must have "rubber" to preserve the tyres, the rims and the car.

At the rallies, including those organized by the Land Rover Experience, it is specified that for the most demanding routes that are allowed cars with rims up to 19 "in diameter.

I can guarantee you that the New Discovery (2.000cc 240CV), if not have the engine troubles that afflict it (mine is stop by the dealer since 12 December until a date to be assigned, for the unavailability of spare parts), would give the Defender (the true ones) hard time.
    In Italy there is a die-off of this engine, also mounted on the Velar, unstoppable.

With a 20 "rim it is advisable to do the mule tracks that also make Sport and Evoque.

AndrewS wrote:
    255/55r20

D5 MY2017 - SD4 (240CV) - SE - Namib Orange
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Interesting... Here in Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany & France (don't know others), the D5 does the same tracks as the FFRR, Defender, D4 etc.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum