Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JamesHaddow
    United Kingdom 

Ordered

Currently have a 2016 D4 Landmark which has been faulted free and brilliant. But have now been pursuaded that it is time to change and my D5 is due to be built sometime in Mid April. HSE is Yulong white (same as Landmark) with sunroof and black finish. Some other bits and pieces as well, as we drive to South of France at lest 3 times a year. Looking forward to it, but not without some conference having read various comments on this site. Good thing is there is a Land Rover dealer in Perpignan,which I hope I don’t have to visit.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Congratulations on your purchase!

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Craigp
    England 

Hope it all goes well for you. What engine did you go for?
  • JamesHaddow
    United Kingdom 

Went for the 3 Litre diesel. Have it in the D4 and it’s a great engine for long distance and hill. Never runs a out of steam! We frequently do 500 miles a day when travelling so it needs to be smooth.
  • JamesHaddow
    United Kingdom 

We also have a large dog that takes up half the boot, so hoping he will be ok with the new shape.
  • Craigp
    England 

Actually looking back on my nr year of ownership its not been too bad for us alpha testers. There's the ongoing problem with oil in the 3 litre but reading your post you are obviously aware of this and feel it wont be a problem. One of my biggest bug bears was my music via the usb but it may have been my dodgy usb stick as its faultless since getting a new stick Laughing
  • JamesHaddow
    United Kingdom 

I wasn’t aware of the oil problem until read the blogs here. We tend to use the Disco for long joiurneys and an old X Trail for the shopping / dog walks etc, so have not had any issues. Noticed that the D5 I borrowed from Harwoods was showing need for Adblue at 5k which I’ve not seen before. Intending to use the D5 more as I retire and we spend more time in France/Europe
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum