Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Certainly sounds like it thinks you have a trailer attached. Do you have the overtaking warnings in your wing mirrors. And if so is the orange light on all the time no matter what speed you are doing. When you attach a trailer it disengages this function and just leaves the orange light in the mirrors.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Craig, the first thing what i did was too connect the trailer lights a few weeks back as my brother suggested, so it would maybe reset itself. (He has a D4, so he is alot more clued up than me with regards too the wiring setup).

I only took the trailer out at the weekend for the first time. Its also brand new.

Trailer lights are also working fine.

Was getting the green trailer reminder light on the dash when using the indicators. Nothing on the wing mirrors as far as i can recall ?

Am not exactly sure what orange light your on about - I dont suppose you would have a photo of what it looks like ?

I will check over the weekend too see if any additional lights come on the mirrors when the trailer is plugged in.

The ones in the mirrors do go off and on, if there is a car creeping up on you - has a symbol of a car, (blind spot monitoring i think its called) and reverts too 2 orange dots afterwards which am sure are on constantly.

I do have a diagnostics tool, plug and play which checks the trailers electrics without connecting too the car, which identifies what bulb is blown etc.

I may plug that in over the weekend and see if it throws up an error code whilst plugged into the cars trailer light socket.

I also had a play about with the trailer settings on the infotainment system, but i doubt there is anything in there which knocks off the sensors. I will have a look tonight after i finish work and delete the trailer set up. Will see if that works but am not holding up much hope, as i have exhausted all avenues. Rolling Eyes
  • J77
    Scotland 

Have you tried going into settings whilst the car is reverse? Perhaps possible to adjust volume from there?

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes a lot of the options only appear when you are "using" that particular option.
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi RR you have answered my question. Yes blind spot monitoring if that's working ok then your sensors must be working ok, also not in towing mode as previously said it disables this feature when towing. Sorry out of idea's.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I have had the car started 95% of the time whilst trying various things via the infotainment system and the via the digi dash.

(When cars idling in the driveway i can see the mpg dropping at an alarming rate) Shocked

I have had car in reverse and trying too adjust the volume, via the steering wheel but no luck.

The message today was saying Park Assist Unavailable.

Just watched a video online with VBH from top gear explaining how it works.

Basically it's all the sensors front, back and side ones which can be activated from the infotainment system.

I presume all sensors must be linked too the same junction box, as none are working.

(I have 4 front and 4 rear on my car and all 8 go into the same junction box).

I was scrolling through the photos and videos of when we picked the vehicle up and just noticed the P icon was still a dull grey and not white, which leads me too believe that they were not working from day 1.

However the Mrs said that the car is detecting other cars which are passing infront of her whilst sitting at traffic lights and also people walking on the pavement, is triggering a warning on the infotainment screen (red icon comes up)

Am pretty sure if it has something too do with the towbar fitting then something along the line has happened during fitting.

The sensors not working at the time of the inital PDI would have flagged up. My guess is that a second check was not carried out after the tow bar was fitted.

Am wondering how they check that the electrics work after fitting. I am aware it's a plug in module, so possibly do a diagnostic check via their laptop etc.

Really Censored off now as this should have been checked before handover. Sad

Plus this evening I cannot activate the passenger front airbag with both the car switched on and off. It's saying passenger airbag is off. I do recall on the FL2 that the passenger airbag could be deactivated next too the glovebox. Still not had time too read the manual on this issue, so looks like bedtime reading for me tonight. Yawn
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Dont know if this is related, but this morning connected phone via cable to usb port in centre console, no sound from parking sensors or for speed cameras. Journey home tonight with cable removed from usb port, audible warning for parking sensors and speed cameras working again. Suggest if you've got anything plugged into the 2 usb ports in centre console, you unplug, lock car, wait at least 10 mins for all modules to shut down then try again before reconnecting anything to the usb ports.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Trevorb1. Initially we did have both phones connected the day we picked car up. Since then not even bothered too connect anything as phones are always fully charged in the house before leaving.
    This is a strange one though??
    Will have a look over the weekend thanks Thumbs Up
    Just out of curiosity did the P icon flash orange and then turn from white you grey like in the photos I posted up??
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Most likely something to do with your tow bar fitting on the D4 i had a tow bar fitted and they had to make a change to the CCF file on the car without the change the car would scream at me when reversing with a load because it thought i was about to hit something. After the change the car looked at the lights plug connection to see if I had a load connected if I did it silenced the reverse sensors. If the D5 is similar it could just think you have something connected all the time and so silence the sensors?? sure the dealer will sort it.

2017 HSE Lux 3.0L Santorini Black
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Mcunnin, that was my initial thought when I posted a few days ago that they had possibly forgot too do a reflash/reset after fitting the tow bar. Hopefully just a case of sorting the CCF files then, as last thing I want is for them too be ripping of the bumpers if it is a more serious problem. Hopefully not. May possibly be a faulty module somewhere Rolling Eyes
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well finally got too the mystery of the why the parking sensors were not functioning. It appears as I had correctly thought that they forgot too replug the wiring loom for the parking sensors back, after taking the rear bumper off, when fixing the tow bar.

I had a look at the weekend and could only see the connections for the towbars electrics under the rear bumper. Could not see the parking sensors.

I did ask if they are all interconnected which they are That explains why fronts and sides were not working either.

Also asked if needed a CCF file change which it did not require.

Only by taking the rear bumper off are the sensors accessible.

Basically I could have just plugged the loom in myself and got the job done.

Was charged a trifle under £300 for taking the rear bumper off and replugging the wiring loom back into its socket.

Got the 2 plastic boot corner edges replaced as well by the garage as they were split by the retailer initally when they took them off when fitting the tow bar.
  • Craigp
    England 

Glad to hear it's all back up and working RR. Am I missing something why are you having to pay for their cock up?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Sorry I forgot too mention that the dealer is footing the bill for this as it was their mistake. Just glad it was a simple issue and alls working correctly now Smile

Incidentally both dealers have been great. The dealer I purchased from just said too email the bill over too him and would sort the refund out. He never quibbled anything as he was aware of the problem. He apologised for the mishap.

Likewise my local dealer was very good as well, and the mechanic answered all my questions, ie all sensors are plugged into the 1 loom, which I had expected.

With regards too the CCF needing done I assume that they were already updated once the towbar electrics were fitted. I possibly thought it was tow bar related and asked if the files had not been updated, leading too the sensors not working, but it was a case of forgetting too plug back in the wiring loom. Simple fix but expensive mistake.

Am just glad it was a simple fix and not a case of ripping all the sensors out and replacing them.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 25th May 2018 8:31 am. Edited 2 times in total
  • Craigp
    England 

That's good, was just about to organise a whip round for you Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Roflmao Rolling with laughter

Feel free mate every penny counts Thumbs Up

The rate it's drinking Optimax, I doubt I will have any beer money left by the end of the week Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum