Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I fancied these, so I just ordered another D5 identical to my current one, just with Dynamic pack instead of Black pack - no mucking about with tape that way Thumbs Up Whistle

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Qwertyd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I also fancy buying a set of these for my 3.0l HSE, but keen to know more if they interfere with front parking sensors? I know this can be an area of difference with non OEM materials. Soppy?
  • Soppy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

I’ve not had any problems, they are the same as OEM Parts, fit in same place are the same size and shape just stick on. I can’t see any reason they would interfere with parking sensors .
  • Qwertyd5
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for reply. I’ll order them today.
  • BIGMAMMA
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

I bought a set, non OEM, and not from the U.S..
    Mine came in six pieces, each side fitted to the others well and all had the appropriate amount of sticky tape on them.
    in preparation for fitting, I happened to visit my favoured dealer on another matter, and noticed a Namib with the dynamic pack installed. took a few photo's, and noted that the nearside standard (non dynamic pack) has a mesh type effect blanking trim on. the offside is actually a vent, presumably for the intercooler or radiator?
    The 'factory' Namib Dynamic pack car I looked at, did not have the mesh, and the fins we're discussing here fitted further into the aperture. If we are sticking these extra's over the mesh, they will protrude further out - I'd say about a centimetre (ish).
    I also noted that the 'factory' car had effectively, a large hole, meaning that whatever this is meant for cooling, is not protected from errant stones etc.
    I have not fitted my set yet, as it appears to be a highly complex affair to get the original mesh out, simply for a styling effect replacement, which I have to say, I do like.
    according to the people I consulted, it was a bumper off job, simply to get to the rear of the aperture , which then meant it had to be sent off to an agent for all the gizmo's to be re-calibrated, once the smallest of jobs had been done.
    I'm still thinking about sticking them over what's already there?????
    Mike
  • Qwertyd5
    United Kingdom 

I’ve just checked and my HSE has the same vent grill setup as described by BIGMAMMA. Soppy, what model/spec is your D5, does it have the grills, or open vents? Mine has the black pack.
  • BIGMAMMA
    England 

Just for info, mine is the HSE LUXURY BLACK PACK, but not the DYNAMIC.
    I did ask the salesman at the time of purchasing my (former JLR management car) about upgrading to the DYNAMIC spec, but this was totally cost prohibitive at around £3000 he said!!. This includes all the plastic wheel arch pieces, a new grille, these fins we're discussing, and a few other bits and bobs. Of course, this may have been over-estimated by him, but it did put me off somewhat.
    Not sure if I will try and fit over the existing plastic mesh as I feel they don't 'sit right', but I do feel that the offside should have some sort of meshing, purely to protect the intercooler / radiator behind it.
    Just my two penneth!
    Still loving the car, and getting around 40mpg too - done 5000 miles since buying this year old (at the time) car, which I consider to be really good for its size.

Mike
  • Soppy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

Mine is a HSE commercial, it has the grills in the vents, blocked on nearside and open on offside which feeds air to intercooler as in pics

This kit fitted in the aperture with no alterations and was very easy to fit
  • BIGMAMMA
    England 

After deliberating, and having read all the comments herein, I have just fitted the Dynamic set, over the existing plastic mesh grill.
    It looks fine, if not protruding more than I would like, but I’m happy.
    Also got around to fitting the window wind defector set ( supplied by Dan at Duckworths of course) and those look great too.
    Just trying to summon up the inclination to fit the mud flap sets I’ve also acquired from Dan.
    That looks a right game to be honest, I’ve downloaded the destructions from the LR website and it looks complex.
    Another day probably, anyone done this who could give an honest idea of the time involved? I have a comprehensive armoury of tools and I’m reasonably intelligent but it just looks a ball ache!
    Off for a doze in the shade now!!
    Mike
  • Qwertyd5
    United Kingdom 

I’ve just spent the weekend fitting the bright side tubes to my D5. First one took 3.5hrs and was a bit of a butcher job. The 2nd one took 1.5hrs and was perfect. Beware the LR instructions start at step 2 and don’t tell you how to take off the rear rocker panel moulding, thus I cut and drilled first one. But a nights sleep and the the experience learned, getting this off was actually easy, thus the 2nd tube was a quick easy fit. The instructions also didn’t allow for mudguards already fitted!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum