Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Velocity AP tuning: 600+ lb-ft

http://www.velocityap.com/Jaguar-Land-Rove...dv6ecu.htm

These guys are sponsors at RangeRovers.net and claim they've tuned the Censored out of the Td6 engine. 300+ hp and 600+ "torques". In that forum's post, they were claiming 486 lb-ft at the WHEELS.

If you're going to refill your AdBlue and change your oil every other day, might as well have some fun.

Fully reversible for trips to the dealer....
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Sounds like a standard Jaguar tune. My XF was 300 BHP

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Gas or diesel? 300hp for the gas engine is fine, but there's nowhere near 600lb-ft of torque in the gassers. The old VW Touareg V10 TDI "only" made 550lb-ft of torque from 5.0 liters. We can't get the Td6 in any Jaaaaags here.

They have ECU tunes for the supercharged 6's that boost to around 400+hp, and 450hp if you add the pulley. That would be a blast in the XE or XF - I love the way Jaguar tunes their steering.

I've always thought that around 300hp in the Td6 would make it a better engine for passing on the highway. The current state of tune with the 8-speed isn't bad, but it requires downshifting, and building up a head of steam. 300hp would make it more responsive for passing 50-70mph. Or 70-85mph depending on the law enforcement situation. Twisted Evil
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Diesel. 300 PS from a twin-turbo version of the TDV6. 0-60 in under 6 secs, but still giving nearly 50 mpg with fast driving. It’s only doing 1600 rpm at 90 mph.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Awesome. We (briefly) had the Audi A6 3.0 TDI with 250/440 here in the States. Never got to drive one, but would love to have a seda...er, saloon that can do what yours did. I'm sure the XF had better balance than an A6, even with a diesel lump up front. Audi hangs most of their engine out past the front wheels and word had it the A6 TDI didn't like to change directions.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I totally agree with DieselRanger.

You had too drop down a gear and let the turbo spool up, too gain enough momentum for a safe overtake with the diesel engine. (I am sure i already posted this way back).

Pity it was not boosted up too 300bhp in the first place though, as it would have been a cracking engine.

Will report over the weekend how i find the 3.0L petrol compared too the 3.0L diesel, although i do know the petrol is drinking more Laughing
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Quote:
    Will report over the weekend how i find the 3.0L petrol compared too the 3.0L diesel, although i do know the petrol is drinking more

RR - just got back after a 1,122 km drive. Definitely thirstier but not bad...door-to-door average speed of 113km/h with overall consumption of 11.4 liters per 100 km.

Biggest issue is the bloody cost of petrol in France....€1.70 vs €1.25 per liter here...

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Buy fuel before you get on the Autoroute and it will as cheap as in Luxembourg?

Whoops just noticed you a petrol D5!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

stiff wrote:
    Quote:
    Will report over the weekend how i find the 3.0L petrol compared too the 3.0L diesel, although i do know the petrol is drinking more

RR - just got back after a 1,122 km drive. Definitely thirstier but not bad...door-to-door average speed of 113km/h with overall consumption of 11.4 liters per 100 km.

Biggest issue is the bloody cost of petrol in France....€1.70 vs €1.25 per liter here...

Wow 45 euros per litre more expensive Shocked

Only £1.22 per litre for normal unleaded and £1.27 for Shell Optimax up here.

I filled it up too the brim with £98 worth of Optimax last week, and that was on top of the 1/4 still left in the tank.

Am just glad that it's not £1.50 a litre like a few years ago. Also remember it used too be £1 for a litre a good few years back.

Was having a squint at the stats last night on the infotainment system. It showed highest mpg achieved was 25 and the lowest was 12 Shocked

Seems the Mrs has a heavier right foot than I do Laughing
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Wow. I always forget how much fuel costs over there. I paid $2.79 per gallon (about £1.96 per US gallon) for diesel the last time I filled up. Diesel is about the same cost here as "premium" petrol, which for us here is 91 octane, 93 octane at lower elevations.

Does the petrol engine require 91+ octane?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum