Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Luke Warm Heated Seats

I've never been entirely happy with the heated seats. Wasn't until we had a Discovery Sport loaner that I realised how poor mine are compared to that. Dealer says they're fine it's just the car has thicker / better leather. Not convinced TBH. Anyone else underwhelmed??

Also the heated seat controls via the infotainment screen only work on the front seats. With all 3 rows having heated seats, the main benefit would be to turn the 3rd row off when the kids get out on the school run and don't turn them off. Presume nobody else can control all seats from the infotainment screen??
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I’ve thought the D5 heated seats aren’t up to scratch, compared to those in previous D4s.

It’s interesting that the heating element is often very much lukewarm but if kept on such a setting on a long journey it all of a suddenly heats up to what one might have expected in the first place. It sort of happens by surprise, which dispels the thicker leather argument.

On the other hand though the cooling capability is way better, instantly freezing the nether regions on activation.

I look forward (one remote day!) in having all the functionality of the D5 working as expected.
    Shoddy LR software is the only thing you can guarantee, which is such a shame. It does make you wonder if LR actually tests their software, and they certainly don’t seem to undertake a regression testing regime because stuff previously that works is taken out by a later “upgrade.
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Re: Luke Warm Heated Seats

On the Infotainment screen there is the possibility to swipe up/scroll down and then adjust the settings for the second row (i don‘t have a third Wink )
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Mine are fairly mild on 1 bar and 2 bar, but you don’t want it on long with 3 bars on,

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Seaby wrote:
    I've never been entirely happy with the heated seats. Wasn't until we had a Discovery Sport loaner that I realised how poor mine are compared to that. Dealer says they're fine it's just the car has thicker / better leather. Not convinced TBH. Anyone else underwhelmed??

Also the heated seat controls via the infotainment screen only work on the front seats. With all 3 rows having heated seats, the main benefit would be to turn the 3rd row off when the kids get out on the school run and don't turn them off. Presume nobody else can control all seats from the infotainment screen??

I can control all heated seats from the infotainment screen, or at least I could before the software update, will check again tonight,

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 

I've checked swiping down to rows 2 and 3 and it doesn't allow me to. Was the same pre software update.

Very interested to find out if others can as per jungle42's comment.

I specified 3rd row seat heating in addition to the standard row 2 on HSE.
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Does anyone know if this is a fixable fault. I have exactly the same issue, I set off on a journey and turn on the seats, it's not until the car comes to a stop in traffic that all of a sudden the seat gets very hot!

Any ideas if the seats are electrically heated or hot air like the cabin.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I only have the 2 rows and can control (and lock) the middle row from entertainment screen, as well as rear climate each side and fan speed in rear.

Cant play music on Spotify app since lasy week tho screen looks normal but no sound, so had to resort to using android auto now

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

[quote="Russell"]
    Seaby wrote:
    I can control all heated seats from the infotainment screen, or at least I could before the software update, will check again tonight,

Standard HSE MY 2019 here with 2nd row heated seats, but never seen an option to control anything but the front row from the infotainment screen.

Is it something you only get if you have the upgraded rear seat air-con or third row seat heating I wonder?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 

A mixed response then of some who can control via infotainment and some who can't.

Whilst I was in a loan D5, the heated seats worked perfectly and not a patch on the performance of my seats. As the dealer had the car for 3 weeks I insisted that they sort the seats as their reason of "they aren't as warm as the leather is thicker than the D4" was rubbish.

Got the car back and seats now super hot.
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Yes, utterly underwhelmed with performance versus my D4. Do not know what they are like in the back, have not used them, kids car seats in place most of the time. Have to have them on setting 3 otherwise may as well be not switched on.
  • RAW
    England 

Seaby wrote:
    A mixed response then of some who can control via infotainment and some who can't.

Whilst I was in a loan D5, the heated seats worked perfectly and not a patch on the performance of my seats. As the dealer had the car for 3 weeks I insisted that they sort the seats as their reason of "they aren't as warm as the leather is thicker than the D4" was rubbish.

Got the car back and seats now super hot.

Did they say what the issue was?
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 

I sense they didn't want to admit that they were wrong. All of the heating elements were changed so guessing they just didn't work properly originally.

If you're not happy with yours, suggest you request that you / they try one of their loan cars or demos for comparison.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Been following this, my from ones get warm but not hot on the 3rd setting, and slow to get warm. if I put it on level 2 its like sitting in a normal unheated chair. I thought I would try the second row, pressed the switch and the heat was almost instant and hot as they shld be.

Another issue to add to the list, together with loose trim, poor infotainment etc etc...

2019 HSE LUX
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Update 19A allows second row control up front

InControl Touch Pro 19A has arrived: Version S19A_19.07.2-312706 Release Notes

Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 by Michael

The latest release notes for InControl Touch Pro (Duo) 19A, enjoy

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.07.2-312706, PART NUMBER: K8A2-19C204-BB (G2369115) INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A
    Release Date: 2019-02-27

New features included in this release

DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES

Improved warning messages for Reverse Traffic Detection.

CLIMATE

It is now possible to adjust the second row temperature controls (where fitted) from the front upper screen.

NAVIGATION

Improved screen for manually adding personal charging stations.
    10" TS only: It is now possible to select numbers and letters on the same screen when entering destination in Navigation system.
    ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)

Improvements to the auto-add charge station and associated features.
    Touchscreen view improved with updated preferred charging station settings.
    Simplified range map display.

BLUETOOTH® AUDIO

It is now possible to change Bluetooth® device from the BT Audio screen and in media source selection list screen.

INCONTROL TOUCH PRO DUO TOUCHSCREEN

The lower screen will now dim by the same amount as the upper screen when in stealth mode.

TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN

Revised terrain response imagery.

WI-FI HOTSPOT (F-TYPE 19MY ONLY)

This update introduces hotspot support for F-Types.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE

ACTIVE EXHAUST BUTTON (VELAR SVA-DYNAMIC ONLY)

Active Exhaust Button now available on lower touchscreen.

BLUETOOTH®

Bluetooth® phone call connection improvements.
    Bluetooth® Media will now reconnect automatically after unplugging iPhone™ from the front portable media interface panel.
    General Bluetooth® usability improvements.

CLIMATE

When auto is selected, changing the distribution mode will cancel auto and the blower speed in the rotary dial will now change to its previous value.

NAVIGATION

When searching for specific Points of Interest (POI) using speech, it is no longer necessary to stipulate a search area.
    Navigation start-up speed improvements.
    Hybrid Charging Station filtering is now possible on PHEV vehicles.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)

Display will now work in low power mode.
    Electric Vehicle (EV) button is now available on the Touchscreen (PHEV vehicles only).
    Creep Mode not correctly displaying in the Touchscreen.
    Estimated time to charge is no longer displayed unless a charging cable is connected to the vehicle.
    Regenerative braking state can now be selected on-screen at start up.

RADIO

General stability improvements – MW Band.
    Tuner screen – various bug fixes.

REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION

‘Reverse Traffic Detection not available’ message will no longer be displayed on touchscreen when system is active.

SMARTPHONE PACK FEATURES

Fixed Smartphone feature failure to launch at startup.
    (China only) improved robustness when switching from iPhone™ to Baidu session.
    (InControl Touch Duo only) CarPlay screen is not aligned with the center of the Touchscreen when launched while source selection screen displayed.
    Loss of audio mid-cycle when listening to Spotify with Apple CarPlay.
    Improved Android Auto connection strategy.

SYSTEM

STARTUP

General start-up improvements.

GOODBYE SCREEN

Goodbye screen will no longer appear at the wrong time when the engine is switched off.

MULTIMEDIA PLAYBACK

General stability improvements.

SPEECH DATABASE UPDATES

Update of Speech Database using service screen – robustness improvements.

SVR LOGO (SVR VEHICLES ONLY)

SVR Logo no longer changes size during start-up.

REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT

General robustness improvements.
    The rear screens no longer default to on at start up.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE

REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
    The camera image is not displaying as smoothly as it should be, this is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

2019 HSE LUX
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum