Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Ad Blu

Having not had a vehicle before that required adblu this is my first experience of such a vehicle.
    I do not know if adblu has a smell but since driving my D5, I've had it for a week now, I have noticed a strange smell in it as I drive.
    It is not the usual smell as with all new cars and it is not in the vehicle when I get in, I only notice it when I drive off and it is with me all the time I am driving.
    It is not an unduly unpleasant smell but it is difficult to describe, not sweet nor sour but a bit 'chemically' sort of, possibly a bit 'disinfectanty'
    Any body else experienced such a thing ?

PS. and for the funny guys - it is not something on the bottom of my shoes Laughing
    been there, done that, with dog poo Sad
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi can't say I recognise what you describe but as you've only had it a week. I would put it down to new car burning off oils, grease etc. Of course it could be something more serious Shocked
    Laughing
  • J77
    Scotland 

I’m on my 3rd LR with AdBlue and can’t say I’ve had any smell in the cabin.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Definitely not burning off oil or grease, it has a bit of a pungent smell.
    It has a similar irritation in my nose a bit like when my mother used to put Soda in the wash tub of hot water.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Check the coolant level, make sure the level hasn’t dropped, I read somewhere that another owner had this problem with a loose incorrectly fitted hose.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Craigp
    England 

Road Runner had a problem with a burning smell in his and smoke I believe he returned that vehicle and has recently taken delivery of a new one. The only problem I had smell wise was with the demo car. I had the honour of driving the 1st D5 in hull this being a month or so before customers received theirs. Anyhow I digress, this one had a strange smell the wife felt a bit sick and on returning the vehicle after dropping the wife off I had the windows down on the way back because of the smell. When I got mine no problems. The day after taking delivery I did a 300 mile trip towing the caravan. Good job really. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Very strange. I'm in a unique situation in that i've had 2 D5's. A 2017 model and my current 2018 one, neither have had any other smell apart from that 'new', leather smell.

If you aren't getting that, then you are missing out on the first few hundred miles smell of a new car... If it were me i'd get it down to the dealership as soon as possible and get them to diagnose the smell! Could be harmless, however as people on this post say, it could be something that needs looking at fast!
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

It is rather strange as I have had new cars every time the warrantee expired ever since buying a second hand one back in the early sixties so am familiar with the usual smells of new cars, even prior to the days before I could afford leather seats Wink
    I must admit it didn't smell so strong this morning, perhaps Daisy knew I had broached the subject on here and was expecting a licking this morning Laughing
    I have looked under the bonnet just after using it to see if I can detect any smell there but none is forthcoming, it is only when driving it.
    I'll give it a bit longer and see how it goes but if it persists Daisy will end up at the dealer for further investigation.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum