Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

CB Antenna Mount?

So, I'm starting to contemplate swapping the D4 for a D5 when the 2019 model is available.

My D4 is a green laner as well as my daily drive and so I'll be wanting to fit my CB in it but.....how do you mount the antenna on a D5 without drilling any holes? Magmounts won't work on aluminium and glass rooves. Are the roof rails the same as a D4? Would the RLD mount work? What other options are there for a D5?

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

There's a thread on the AURLO forum on this subject as well. There are a couple of members who made brackets that are attached to the underside of the bonnet. No need to drill holes and easily reversible, uses one of the bolts on the bonnet. The only thing I don't like about this solution is that the bracket sits between the bonnet and the windscreen.

Other suggestions are to use a bracket on the roof rails, and the bracket used for the Project Hero Discovery - low under the front bumper. I like the latter but as the bracket would protrude it would probably not be legal in Australia.

I'll probably end up using one of these brackets and put it on one of the roof bars, and remove it when not needed.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

This is the bracket I have on my D4, it is attached using one of the bolts from the bonnet.

The location while not ideal for the signal, for me it works here as I get an "over height vehicle" warning when the antenna touches something Thumbs Up

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • stormpilgrim
    Australia 

what worries me is that my current antenna mount also is handy for deflecting large kamakazi kangaroos etc from my vehicle..

Are there any plans for wild beast deflectors for these new flash models?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

There's a photo of an ECB bar on a D5. If you get one fitted though I don't think anyone would complain about the rear of the car as the front would look so much worse. See here.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I did think that ECB bar on the D5 looked like it was photoshopped. Not the case, Someone actually put one on their car, see here

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum