Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Pressed the go button on my 18MY HSE Lux

Well after lots of umming and arring I've done it.
    I have just put my deposit on a D5 HSE Lux 3.0TD6 for collection in March.
    I ordered it in Byron blue with the full Dynamic pack and black interior with oyster stitching.
    Options include
    Mud flaps
    Adaptive Cruise
    Deployable tow bar
    22" 5 split spoke (5011) gloss black wheels
    Adaptive headlights
    Ugly kid glass
    Black roof
    Centre console cooler
    Passenger footwell net
    I thought about having advanced tow assist but having done it "properly" for 25 years plus, I didn't see much point.
    So now I feel that my lurking can end and I can come out of the closet.
    Whilst at the dealers I saw a Byron blue cancelled customer order with the dynamic pack which convinced me of the colour/pack/wheel mix to order. Unfortunately it was an HSE otherwise I'd have had a go at getting a deal on it.
    Looking forward to getting it and going to northern Spain in April with my caravan. Thumbs Up

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

That looks a really good colour. Thumbs Up
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

I originally wanted a Firenze red one but they stopped doing it on the D5 for some reason. The Byron Blue is a new colour which looks rubbish on the build program on the LR site. It was going to be Corris Grey but having had a grey 3 and a grey 4 I wanted something different. So I got a blue grey colour instead. Rolling with laughter
  • J77
    Scotland 

Your amongst friends you can be yourself, nobody judges our squint plates on here Rolling with laughter

Very nice, that would be my choice of colour if I was ordering now Thumbs Up

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

So nine weeks and 5 days to collection. I could have had it in Feb but I wanted the 18 plate.First new car I've ever had, apart from company cars in the past.
  • J77
    Scotland 

When your picking your one up mine will be due it’s 1st Service.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mine was supposed to be hear 22 Sad
    Now might be 29,30 or 31, Confused
    Was built on the 1st but no answer to the hold up on delivery Rolling Eyes

SWMBO not happy driving the Freelander as I sold the D4 last Saturday and she’s not amused at the lack of heated seats and steering wheel Laughing
  • Craigp
    England 

No steering wheel !
    No wonder she's not happy. Laughing
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

So I've had a change of heart and gone for the oyster with blue piped interior colourway. I just prefer light interiors. Having second thoughts regards the locking diff and advanced tow assist too.
    Anyone specced the ATA option and what are your thoughts?
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

yeah.... ordered both ATA and locking diff.

ATA as i've never towed anything, thus if i ever do... at least i have no excuses when reversing

Locking Diff... if you're buying one of the most capable off road vehicles.... why not make it the most capable Wink
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

nice!

i kept trying to picture in my head what the Byron Blue with black would look like before ordering mine... but couldn't quite make it out so i ended up getting the Loire Blue instead cos i could actually see what it looked like online and in person on a Disc Sport. but that Byron Blue also looks really nice!

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

I first noticed the colour on the website builder and it looked pretty naff tbh. When I subsequently went to the dealers I saw a Disco Sport in the Byron blue and it looked very good. The salesman then said that he had a D5 HSE in the colour with the Dynamic pack with the black wheels. I hadn't been overly keen on the colour choice and was erring towards Loire blue myself as a number of colours seemed to be discontinued for the 18MY. When I saw the D5 in the colour I was immediately smitten. I thought it looked very different to the blacks and greys that seem to be the main choices on the current palette. I'm very pleased there was one to see at the dealership that convinced me it was the right colour for me.
    Roll on March.
    Thumbs Up
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

all i got to see was a color sample of the Byron blue and for the life of me i couldn't picture what the disco would look like in that color with the black trim... i saw some velar's online but they don't look the same and i don't think i quite liked it on the velar... besides the wife wasn't willing to take the risk either, she says it looks more of an old mans car color (sorry) Laughing so we went for the Loire.

white, grey, black was a "only if we don't like any other color" option cos' 98% of the Disco Sport or Disco sold here are that color and seeing as, like you say, many colors have been discontinued Censored we weren't exactly spoiled for choice. Aruba was my 1st choice (gone), Loire blue 2nd, Kaikoura 3rd (maybe even 2nd choice but gone too) and then either Aintree Green or Firenze Red both gone too anyways Laughing
    and i couldn't convince the wife on the Namib Orange so i didn't really have much more to work with Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

what i like about the Loire is that depends how the sunlight hits it it look more black than blue at times but when the sun hits it directly it's a beautiful dark metalic blue.

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Old! Well I can't argue that, I am. (58 years old)
    Old mans colour, maybe but it looks suitabley different from the greys I've had for the last 12 years so suits my taste at present. With the Dynamic black gloss it looks nice and I'm considering getting the rear valance painted black too. The wheels were a compromise as they don't do 21's in black gloss apart from the ones with very narrow spokes which makes cleaning a bind, hence the 22's. 20's are just too small for such a big car IMO.
    Whatever the reasons are that we choose what we do, I'm sure we're all going to happy that it suits our own tastes whatever others say. There are plenty out there who wouldn't have one in any colour due to the number plate issue. I personally have found that I'm liking it more and more.
    I only really have to please me. Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum