Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• sbrown
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Activity Key

Picked up my MY18 HSE last weekend. Loving it and a serious upgrade to the Jeep Grand Cherokee it replaced and a great enhancement to the Disco 4 I had before that, good to be back to the green oval now!

Quick question, is it safe to leave the activity in the vehicle when not being used. My understanding is that it could only be used for locking / unlocking so I can't see any reason not to but thought I'd double check.

Thanks

Steve
  • Labbix

I left it in the car, tried to start it without keys nearby, didn’t work.

So I think it’s safe. It only locks all doors and opens only the drivers door once it was locked, nothing else.

Really like this key !
  • sbrown
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

The dealer did give me a warning that if you lock with the activity key always unlock with it as well as it disables / re-enables the key. They had a customer who locked with the activity key and unlocked with the app and couldn't then start the car (I hope that ramble makes sense??).

Under that assumption I thought it shouldn't be a security issue but nice to have other views!
  • Jay
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Yes you can leave the activity key on the car. It can only lock and unlock the car when the main key is in the car. It cannot be used on its own and cannot be used to start the car.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Mine always lives in the little cubby down by the drivers right (UK) leg until I need to use it.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum