Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LiftedDisco
    United Kingdom 

Rear indicators?

So... not too sure if this is appropriate for ’faults and fixes’ but, having just read through two threads on the size of brake lights, suspect it may be the best place to start...

What size should the rear indicators be...

I have a 18MY Commercial (HSE spec) due to arrive tomorrow (not excited... no, really.... oh well, maybe just a bit...) and have noticed a couple of differences whilst driving around.

Some appear to just have the small outer lights working whilst others have the larger strip indicator, including the section within the boot.

Which is correct... what should I be expecting?

If it’s just the small outer lights, is there any way to enable the inner sections?

Thanks..!
  • Labbix

The small outer ones is what we have... I have never seen different apart from the pre-production models
  • Labbix

There was a thread before on the sister site: https://disco5.co.uk/forum/post11700.html#11700
  • LiftedDisco
    United Kingdom 

Yeah... that thread (and others) all relate to the brake lights.

My query relates to the indicators!
  • Labbix

Sorry, my mistake...
    My indicators are over the full length, quite big actually, especially the front ones
  • Labbix

And the back ones are the larger strip indicator, including the section within the boot. I have a MY18 HSE lux
  • Wyvern
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Fuji White

My partner has a 2017 SE model and the main dealer had had the vehicle in for the last 2 days trying to sort out the rear lights as there are a lot of lights on the back door that are not functioning.
    It transpires that the SE does not have all the lights on the rear work from the factory ..as it only has 3 wires fitted and not 5 as in the HSE models ..
    So we only have small indicators on the side rather then the whole boot line.

any thoughts???

Team Wyvern, 4x4 Response - DC126 & DC127,
    Defender 110 2.2 camper in constant use, D4 XS gone - D5 SE gone - now Defender 110XS 2.2 is the new babe ! -
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have read of this issue in previous posts. Some were complaining of this as a safety issue as the amount of indicator light visible to following cars was minimal. The concensus seemed to be that 'lower' variants had this issue whereas the top end had full light width indicators. Seems a bit mean if that is the case as the same lenses are fitted.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I'm fairly sure I saw a Disco 5 with rear 'sequential' indicators i.e. the rear body indicator flashed slightly delayed to tailgate indicator ( or vice versa). Or am I imagining it??? It prompted me to check mine which flashes body and tailgate simultaneously.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

I would have thought LR would penny pinch and use the cheaper rear light cluster on the commercial D5.

I have a silver SE with a black pack and the SE light look great with silver because there's a lot of silver in the SE light cluster, a couple months after we ordered our discovery they changed the options and you could order the rear signature lights on the S & SE models, perhaps you can do the same with the commercial D5

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Wyvern wrote:
    My partner has a 2017 SE model and the main dealer had had the vehicle in for the last 2 days trying to sort out the rear lights as there are a lot of lights on the back door that are not functioning.
    It transpires that the SE does not have all the lights on the rear work from the factory ..as it only has 3 wires fitted and not 5 as in the HSE models ..
    So we only have small indicators on the side rather then the whole boot line.

any thoughts???

So did they send you away with that as the excuse or did they wire it up?
  • Wyvern
    United Kingdom 

they had the car for 2 day and referred back to the build plant to find that the vehicle was made not to have full boot lights ... a different loom was fitted and other fittings missing from the back door.
    cest la vie !
    Confused

Defender 110 2.2 camper in constant use, D4 XS gone - D5 SE gone - now Defender 110XS 2.2 is the new babe ! -
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Wyvern, did you take your 110 to Red Wolf Bay for the Defender anniversary?

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Wyvern
    United Kingdom 

yes I did .... it was the grey 110 with the Cornish and union jack flags on ... Very Happy

Now have a red 110 with a pop top and all the camping goodies ! (on defender2.net ... )

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum