Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

Hiding behind a rather bright SVR RRS

Looks like a Silicone Silver D5 in the background of this photo taken in a Dealers and posted on RRSport
    http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post517635.html#517635
  • J77
    Scotland 

Is it wrong to say I would take the D5 in that Green?

My dealer has a Black one sitting, caught a glimpse of the tail end as I passed.

Just out of interest are you considering a Disco to replace the RRS?

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

I was J but its way bigger than I need and these days my 2nd car doesn't really need to have off-road capability but 4WD/AWD would be enough, I have my 21 year old Defender that I bought to have fun in off road and it is still in great condition and reliable. I considered D5 as I was trying to roll 2 cars into one but I would prefer something Defender 90 sized with the ability of the RRS and the Defender. RRS is no slouch offroad and all 3 that I have owned have been well used for what they were designed to do, but I never took them places that would have me worried about bashed, scrapes and scratches as I have the 90 for that. Problem now is I retire in June 2018 and for the time being will make do with the RRS until my finances settle down after retirement. I would really like to go down the iPace/ Tesla X route and there is a new RR between Evoque and RRS coming soon that will get PHEV capability so will wait and see. I also wonder if I might need to have a change away from Land Rover. If BMW had not taken so long to bring X Drive to the UK I would probably never have bough a Land Rover at all and would have been driving BMW's since 1996 instead............

BTW the photo in that link was taken by Nic Pinks at the Farnell Leeds new showroom today when he went in to look at the lurid RRS
  • J77
    Scotland 

I've been a bit unsure with the D5, looked at XC90, V90, Jag F-Pace. Also thought about the new BMW 540i X Drive Touring as I don't do massive amounts of off road driving, though just lately the D4s been up to its belly in mud a few times, but keep coming back to LR.

I think after the D5 my next car will be electric or PHEV, my names on the list for the I-Pace thats the firm favourite at the moment, but got to watch for boot space for the dog.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

I'm on the iPace list too but somehow managed to check that Lakeland was my favored dealer so have been dealing with loads of phones calls from them rather than my usual JLR dealership at Lookers Park Royal (or should that be Land Rover West London in the new Land Rover anonomising of dealerships names exercise!)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum