Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Arrived

After over 5 months, I've picked the car up this afternoon.

Silicon Silver, TD6 SE 5 seater with a few extras.

Happy days! Very Happy Very Happy

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looking good Ron. Like the colour Cool
    You wont be disappointed
    Enjoy Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

that colour is really nice too. enjoy

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Craigp
    England 

Looks great Ron. Have you got the 7 or 5 seater? Only asking to see if the 3rd row of seats were now clipped down and laid flat.
  • Craigp
    England 

Just read again 5 seater please ignore Embarassed
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Cool Thumbs Up

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Look fab, what colour leather did you pick👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks everyone

The D4 was a 7 seater but I only used row 3 maybe once a year if that in the last couple of years. Only one of the 3 kids is at home but he's at uni. So went for the 5 seater and spent the money on paint instead Smile

Inside it ebony leather with oyster headlining, and the aluminium trim finishers - the idea was to break up the black a bit but they are much darker than I imagined. And the black is because I live in jeans. And I wasn't sure about the 2 tone steering wheel.

As for the rear end we have much smaller plates but because mine are black with silver letters/numbers I don't think it looks too bad, certainly in combination with the Silicon Silver. But tastes differ.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • RyanRC
    United States 

I think for some odd reason and is just my personal observation, but the rear end of the D5 looks so much better when it has a tow hitch.

To me its seems to make a complete difference although I can't say why.

Oddly enough I ended up getting behind a white Disco (with no tow hitch) last weekend on a drive up a long winding back road on my way up to a house party that was pretty back up in the woods...and for who ever was driving it too I think they may have just picked it up at the dealer as it was about as spit and polished shinny as it could have been.

Also for what made me think this was the person driving it went the whole route at about 5 mph below the speed limit the whole time.

Suffice to say I really got a good exposure to the what the back of the car looks like from mostly straight on and then from the few odd rear angles and again is just my personal opinion, but I have to say it was not as inspiring as I would have hoped for a 75K car.

Not horrible mind you, but just to much just kinda like blaa and not really something that stood out in anyway that made you think it was a Land Rover.

Anyway, to just say again, then I look at ones with a tow hitch and it just breaks things up and gives it more of a look of the utility I guess that at least I feel most people would think at least part of a Land Rover should be, which I feel just adds to the car.

Sad point for me and I think I'm not the only one who probably deals with this, but for the market in my area virtually no one buys a Land Rover of any kind for any other reason then to just show off how much money they have....so for these kinds of people that last thing they will be doing with one is towing anything with it.

So guess my point is at least for me, I never see any either on the road or at the dealer with a tow hitch.

Anyway, nice looking ride and best of luck with it.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks, I'd not thought about the hitch receiver making it look different but you could be right. The hitch receiver is standard in AU, but you pay extra for the tow hitch.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Chalkey
    England 

RyanRC your properly right about the tow hitch the D5 has a big back side. IndusD4 here in the UK the SE
    leather is black or acorn. I went for the acorn which am very pleased with its not as light as the almond which is on the HSE so it's easier to keep clean but still looks luxurious. Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Funny you should say that RyanRC.

Was sitting right behind a black one at the traffic lights yesterday evening in town for the first time, and had a proper look at the rear. It did not have a tow bar, nor a deployable one either, as you can tell from the different patterned tow eye covers.

I agree the towbar does seem too break up the rear and detracts from the rears aesthetics, and gives it a bit of ruffty tuffty look so too speak.

Also saw a white one with no tow bar in the shopping car park last night, at it looked bland.

Not sure if a deployable towbar is offered in the States or in Oz though ???

Majority of LR up here have towbars for trailers, horseboxes or caravans.

I think its a crying shame that people are buying them just for vanitys sake and not even realising the cars full potential. On the flip side there are people who dont own a trailer so there is no need for a towbar. Everyone has different needs.

I have noticed that the so called Driveway Trophies, like the Mrs fondly calls them, like the Audi Q7/5, Mercs and BMWs are very rarely fitted with a tow bar. I could probably count on 1 hand the amount i have seen with a tow bar or even towing. As rare as hens teeth so too speak.

It seems these brands are attracting more people who dont need too tow or use for offroading, and its more of a case of look at me, with their so called expensive German brands. $$$$$££££££

If anything i think its the FFRR drivers up here that look down on the Disco peasants. Laughing

Mind you as the saying goes in Scotland, its not a proper Land Rover if there is not a tow bar fitted Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Chalkey
    England 

I agree with the last post I’ve got a tow bar but it’s detachable, I will have to have it fitted so it looks good and I can be part of the gang Rolling with laughter

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Will that be the Famous 5 or Secret 7 Chalkey?

Second thoughts will leave the above for the German brands Laughing

• Chalkey
    England 

Your right the German brands are no match to Landrover, Thumbs Up

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum