Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Francesco
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Farallon Black

Box chiller and air conditioner

Hello to all. I think I have two new problems with my Discovery. After the dilution of the oil (two oil changes and two adblue refills in 16.000 Km), after the replacement of the software for the CD player, after the replacement of the two panels on the sides of the windscreen for the separation of the gaskets, now I have two new ones problems.
    1) I opened the panel to insert a cd. When I closed it, in the central screen a window was still visible with some controls of the air conditioner while the central dashboard below the screen, where all the controls are, remains deactivated and nothing works. The wheels for the regulation of the temperature, the buttons for the regulation of the speed of the ventilation, the recirculation etc. The bridge is dead. In the dealership they do not know what happened and I have an appointment on 27-7.
    2) The chiller well, instead of cooling, heats the bottles. In fact, after a few minutes that is accessed, the side panel of the central tunnel is very hot at the refrigerator: and in fact inside it is cool only in the lower part painted white while above it is very hot and the drinks seem to have been kept in the sun . The dealership told me that maybe it depends on the fact that nearby there are gearboxes and transmission shaft that heat a lot.The mechanic also told me that I am the first to complain about this problem because this option has not been sold. However, this summer during the trips it seems to me to drink water kept on the back of a camel! Censored

First edition farralon black
  • Labbix

My fridge doesn’t cool neither, maybe a little at the bottom, but drinks are warm even after 5 hours continuous driving. I’m quite sure all of the disco’s have it, so please write if yours would work if you read this. On my Disco 4 it was exactly the same (but as there is so much to complain about, one chooses his battles and I always forgot to complain about the fridge. Although I will do next time the car goes in)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Mine works OK Thumbs Up
  • Labbix

Good news, this means it can be fixed! So if you put some bottles/cans from the shelf into the fridge they are actually cold after x minutes, let’s say half an hour? Meaning you can really enjoy some cold beers/water or juice?? Even the ones on top of the fridge?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I keep cans of Coke , water in there and and definitely cold!!
  • Francesco
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Farallon Black

In my car the outside of the refrigerator after a short time becomes very hot both on the right side and on the left and inside the part is colored white and just fresh while the upper part in black plastic is almost as warm as outside. The cans or bottles heat up

First edition farralon black
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I've noticed my cooler is not very cold and I keep water in there and insulin for my son when we are out on the road.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum