Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If you had spent time on the D5 forum on Disco4 you would have run into him!!

He dislikes the D5 and makes incredibly long posts basically saying the same thing over and over again.

It reached the point where you no longer felt like posting anything because you knew he would along to say the same old things over and over again.

The chap is entitled to his view, but it felt like he was using every opportunity to rubbish the D5. IMHO
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ha ha i have never been on the D5 forum on the Disco 4 Jim,

Ah well he is the resident armchair pundit then, sounding like a broken record.

Crikey what a sad individual, nothing better too do with his miserable life- Village Idiot comes too mind Laughing

Plus how can you even have the AUDACITY and even justify slating anything that you have never owned, let alone seen or touched or sat inside let alone driven Shocked ???

Probably jealous me thinks Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 2nd May 2017 2:25 pm. Edited 4 times in total
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

jimbg wrote:
    he was using every opportunity to rubbish the D5. IMHO

Yeah, totally uncalled for. That's for us owners to do! Rolling with laughter

I notice Disco6.co.uk is live. Will that be the version that fixes the gremlins in the D5?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Indeed, and we seem to be doing a good job!! Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well very true Stuart- i do slag mine with all the issues but would not dare slag anyone elses pride and joy. Laughing

Maybe his watch is a fake too Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I only purchase quality brands like Rolex and Tag Heuer, not into cheap TAT.

Thats like me commenting on his watch Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

jimbg wrote:
    Indeed, and we seem to be doing a good job!! Thumbs Up

A fine bunch of guys on the D5 forum, always helping out with a wealth of knowledge. Thumbs Up

So glad i joined up as my brother who is on the D4 more or less forced me too, otherwise i would have remained as a guest Shocked
  • Craigp
    England 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Ha ha i have never been on the D5 forum on the Disco 4 Jim,

Ah well he is the resident armchair pundit then, sounding like a broken record.

Crikey what a sad individual, nothing better too do with his miserable life- Village Idiot comes too mind Laughing

Plus how can you even have the AUDACITY and even justify slating anything that you have never owned, let alone seen or touched or sat inside let alone driven Shocked ???

Probably jealous me thinks Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

For god sake please don't mention sat inside.
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Errrr, hold on. I will comment on the D5 and give my views despite not owning one. I'm happy to get into conversation with anyone about almost anything and feel no reason why I shouldn't. We are entitled to our opinions whether we own a D5 or not. So I disagree with you guys suggesting otherwise.
    I have driven a D5 and I've pulled one or two apart since but I'm still not sold on it. I don't have any leanings towards anything else apart from a FFRR but the wife doesn't like them. Something to do with looking cheap buying a flash car!! Big Cry (I love them in an almost wrong way!)
    I am not too sold on the rear seats or the towing ability but the split tailgate doesn't matter to me. The looks I'll get used to but they're not "classic" tbh. I love the tech, the ability and the interior style. I have no doubt it'll all get sorted with the update in about 4-5 years. Thumbs Up
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

Quote:
    We are entitled to our opinions whether we own a D5 or not. So I disagree with you guys suggesting otherwise.

I'm confused. Confused

Nobody is suggesting that.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Fisherman, i was not for 1 second saying that anyone who does not have a D5 cannot comment. Its a free world my friend .

However theres a blatant difference between having a pleasant conversation as oppossed too slagging and constant negativity. If am not sure about anything i keep my gob shut as dont want too come across as an arrogant Censored .

I was not tarring the majority who dont have a D5, but the AFOREMENTIONED person who seems too be rattling everyones cage.

Never met the guy plus he can crow away too his hearts content as his opinion is irrelevant. Yawn

Plus its the ones who dish it out but cant take it that get on my nerves !!!! Censored Censored Censored

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 2nd May 2017 4:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

winger wrote:
    (unless there is someone else sharing your internet address)

All my daytime posts are made using my employer's internet gateway. With around 250,000 employees I'd be staggered if someone else on the forum didn't share this particular IP address at some point.
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

No offence taken Road Runner, just wanted to add my bit without paying £75k for the right.
    I'm still on the fence but have this very strange loyalty to the brand. It's not something I was aware of until I looked at some other makes. The Volvo XC90 was a beautiful car internally but the powertrains are pretty poor for a caravanner like me. What else is there? I look at other makes and think to myself "LR would have done that better". If only they could make it more bulletproof somehow. The ideas are amazing but the reality can be pretty frustrating. Having said all that, the Volvo suffers from loads of grief also so maybe it just needs some time. We'll see.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I know what you mean about our strange loyalty to LR. Bow down Bow down Bow down

It is difficult to move away!!

With regard to towing, has that been resolved now do you think?
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

stuart_f wrote:
    winger wrote:
    (unless there is someone else sharing your internet address)

All my daytime posts are made using my employer's internet gateway. With around 250,000 employees I'd be staggered if someone else on the forum didn't share this particular IP address at some point.

Of course, and that happens, and would show as such. The match in this case was specific to two registered members only, and the cross match covered more than a single IP address instance. No other registered members were flagged as users of these particular addresses.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

No offence taken Fisherman Thumbs Up

The only other car i would entertain is the Subaru Forester mate for towing.

However its only a 5 seater. Am sure its won tow car a few times for mid sized 4x4 s though.

Half the price of the D5, packed with technology, not too mention 5 years warranty /100,000 miles and were offering free servicing a while back.

Bombproof engines, symmetrical AWD (permanent), plus rally heritage- (none of that mickey mouse 4x2 selectable nonsense).

Never had any problems with any of my ones, plus i had 3 high performance ones which were fault free.

My friends who are farmers have switched too the Forester as told me the Defenders were always breaking down, plus the Forester was cheaper too run and alot more comfortable and cheaper parts. Sadly the Defenders were not made too last he said.

Just a pity LR doesnt had the reliabilty like the Jap brands have, especially for such a Premium brand. Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 2nd May 2017 8:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum